Box trading method

Who thinks creating a new thread just for trade set-ups is a good idea for this method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moshento

Forum Newbie
But i dont have any boxes on any of my charts. Would be possible that you shar a pair that is currently showing a box on your system so i can generate chart in TFG Chart Generator and check if i have a box

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
But i dont have any boxes on any of my charts. Would be possible that you shar a pair that is currently showing a box on your system so i can generate chart in TFG Chart Generator and check if i have a box

Make sure you have the indicator on the chart, right click on a chart and open up the indicators and take a screen shot if you can showing me the box settings

Moshento

Forum Newbie
how do guys capture images from your charts? i have downloaded the Box Method zip file

Attachments

• New Doc 2017-02-08.jpg
    New Doc 2017-02-08.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 13

Moshento

Forum Newbie
I think I have figured it out
it was missing the inside bar box indicator.
Now once we have a box how do you view it if it is a long or a short and do you place the the entry levels.
Forgive the many questions. truly appreciate it.

Moshento

Forum Newbie
when you refer to the inside candle is that the one on the left or right?
I find your system to be amazing, but i need to learn it much more.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
when you refer to the inside candle is that the one on the left or right?
I find your system to be amazing, but i need to learn it much more.

The boxes will show what I call the mother candle being the first candle of the box, then the next candle will be the inside candle to the right of the mother candle. We can have many inside candles sometimes but most often you will see 1-3 inside candles. After the inside candle or candles have formed we are looking for a fake break to the upside or downside of the box. This is shown how to trade in the videos

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Couple of charts I am watching at NYC today. CADJPY coming very close to a previous support with a reversal of the low of the week, with a fake break of the box to the downside. Once again here best thing will be to use split money management. The other set-up is on the USDSGD and this one is with the trend entry after a fake break of a inside box to the downside testing support, 5&10 ema's and the 31ema.

Attachments

• CADJPYH8.png
    CADJPYH8.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 34
  • USDSGDH8.png
    USDSGDH8.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 27

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I wanted to ask you a favor, if it's possible...
Could you write the method?

I do not understand in the video :)
If you can not there's no problem

I will try to explain on charts when I can I'm sure you will pick it up from seeing it on live charts

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I have found a new tool to generate 8hr charts, I will do a quick video showing the tool I have found. It costs $45 for a licence but is fast at generating charts and called flexi bar I won't post a link out of respect for Dale's site rules but if you search it on google I'm sure you will find it.

Last edited:

Simon Faith Lim

Casual Member
Video explaining the rules for taking the reversal type entry using the box method

hi Joffie,

I am currently using your box theory and i like it very much and so far trades doing well but i am working it on 4Hr because seem i have some issues with 8HR. My chart seem lagging or even the prices does not move at all, just need to double check with you on the MA setting from your template as i am using your default setting. Do i need to check my MA setting for using it on 4hr? or i can use your default setting?

Thanks
Simon