Box trading method

Who thinks creating a new thread just for trade set-ups is a good idea for this method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vasileios

Hi Joffie ,this is my watching list today!!!

Attachments

• AUDUSDH8.png
    AUDUSDH8.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 21
  • EURUSDH8.png
    EURUSDH8.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 22
  • NZDCADH8.png
    NZDCADH8.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
  • NZDUSDH8.png
    NZDUSDH8.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 17
  • USDCHFH8.png
    USDCHFH8.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 18

vasileios

hi Joffie,

Not sure u can tell me why when i used ur template to generate 8hr Chart and it seem i can't get 31 EMA appear on the chart.

Pls see attached
Joffie ,if you mean that we do not need to use 31EMA with box method,you are right.

I put 31EMA ,it helps the first glance at the chart.
Of course,with your method it does need to test 31 EMA but "false break of the boxe".
Sorry for my mistake,I would say "false break towards 31 EMA".

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
hi Joffie,

Not sure u can tell me why when i used ur template to generate 8hr Chart and it seem i can't get 31 EMA appear on the chart.

Pls see attached

Hi Simon,

I have no idea mate, its on my template I attached, can you add a 31ema and just save template and use that ok?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Joffie ,if you mean that we do not need to use 31EMA with box method,you are right.

I put 31EMA ,it helps the first glance at the chart.
Of course,with your method it does need to test 31 EMA but "false break of the boxe".
Sorry for my mistake,I would say "false break towards 31 EMA".

I don't quite understand what you mean vas, we use the 31ema for directional bias with the trend trades, either taking a entry with price bouncing of the 5&10 ema's being below the 31 ema to sell or above the 31ema to buy. The false break of the box is either used with the 5&10 ema's tested or when taking a reversal trade of the high or low of the week and importantly coming off another level to the left.

On some occasions we will also have price breaking through the 31ema and testing for entry in line with the 5&10 ema's as well

vasileios

Good morning Joffie,
which is your opinion about EUR/USD,NZD/USD.
In both I am short .
Do you think that we have to be standby to close them?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Good morning Joffie,
which is your opinion about EUR/USD,NZD/USD.
In both I am short .
Do you think that we have to be standby to close them?

I've was stopped out of EU at break even but still have NU open and previous EU sell still open too

Moshento

Forum Newbie
Hello Jofie,

I am attaching the Gold H2 chart. I am training on your box method. I know you typically look at H8 and H4. I am just asking if I have this hug box what I should be looking for next to make an entry? and should it be a long or short position.
I know the 5& 10 ems as pointing down. so should we looking to short once the price hits the 62 ema (red line)? or long once the price takes the hi of the last inside candle in the box. You view are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Gold H2.png
    Gold H2.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 6

vasileios

Hi Joffie,
I sold AUD/NZD at 1.06830 ,with split the money and
I bought GBP/JPY at 142.32,

Which is your opinion about GBP/JPY,how many times have to cross price at 10 ema in H8 for closing it manual?

Attachments

• GBPJPYH8.png
    GBPJPYH8.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 11
  • AUDNZD H8 (02-15-2017 2046).png
    AUDNZD H8 (02-15-2017 2046).png
    89.5 KB · Views: 9

vasileios

Joffie this is the indicator MACD ,which only paints divergences .If you put the cursor on the line tells you what kind of divergence is.

Attachments

• MACD_Gemini (1).ex4
    124.1 KB · Views: 6

vasileios

Hi Joffie ,
we have divergence hidden bullish at Daily,divergence bullish continue at H4
the only at H4 time frame price is bellow 62 EMA
buy or waiting to cross the 62 ema?

Attachments

• EURUSDDaily.png
    EURUSDDaily.png
    76 KB · Views: 17
  • EURUSDH4.png
    EURUSDH4.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 17

vasileios

Hi Joffie,
these signals are valid now or we have to wait the close of H8 candle?

Attachments

• AUDJPYH8.png
    AUDJPYH8.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 11
  • CHFJPYH8.png
    CHFJPYH8.png
    94 KB · Views: 11

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Been very busy at work atm and for March too so I won't be around so much in here or the chat room. I've now added standard divergence and hidden divergence to trading with the box method, but so I can see set-ups at a quick glance I have moved this over to the 4hr charts. Once I have a spare minute I will do a video to show what I am doing with divergence and the box method. Guys if your still using the box method on the 8hr and successful then don't change to the 4hr. I'm only doing so as while work I can now glance quickly at my phone and take trades off my phone with ease. Hope everyone is doing ok

Joffie

Last edited:

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
These will be the type of trades off high of the week and standard divergence with box entry and target using support and resistance

Attachments

• IMG_5325.PNG
    IMG_5325.PNG
    74.8 KB · Views: 22

fxsean

Casual Member
Been very busy at work atm and for March too so I won't be around so much in here or the chat room. I've now added standard divergence and hidden divergence to trading with the box method, but so I can see set-ups at a quick glance I have moved this over to the 4hr charts. Once I have a spare minute I will do a video to show what I am doing with divergence and the box method. Guys if your still using the box method on the 8hr and successful then don't change to the 4hr. I'm only doing so as while work I can now glance quickly at my phone and take trades off myself phone with ease. Hope everyone is doing ok

Joffie
Thanks Joffie I appreciate your time. :)