Box trading method

Who thinks creating a new thread just for trade set-ups is a good idea for this method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon Faith Lim

Casual Member
This is the divergence method we have been discussing in the chat room.

hi Joffie,

just finished the above video and its so clear your explanation is clear and i have attached the same H4 chart and need to ask you is this a good sell sell signal ?

Attachments

• gbpaud h4.jpg
    gbpaud h4.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 20

Simon Faith Lim

Casual Member
This is the divergence method we have been discussing in the chat room.

Good morning Joffie,

you might not know me but i would like to thank you for your time spend on those video to explain how it work each time. i have been spending the whole morning going thru what u guys have spoken while i was deep asleep and i am thinking to stay awake next time to join you and the guys.
you have a great day and speedy recovery

Simon

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
hi Joffie,

I am currently using your box theory and i like it very much and so far trades doing well but i am working it on 4Hr because seem i have some issues with 8HR. My chart seem lagging or even the prices does not move at all, just need to double check with you on the MA setting from your template as i am using your default setting. Do i need to check my MA setting for using it on 4hr? or i can use your default setting?

Thanks
Simon

What are you using to generate the 8hr charts with? Also is mt4 saying not responding as well and sluggish?

For 4hr use 62ema instead of 31ema on 8hr

Simon Faith Lim

Casual Member
What are you using to generate the 8hr charts with? Also is mt4 saying not responding as well and sluggish?

hi Joffie,
Thanks for time replying me, i have tried both yours template and also using Dale TFG but seem lagging, but i have search for flexibar but just couldnt confirm which is the right one.
So i guess in the meantime i have to stick with 4HR.

Thanks
Simon

TomUK

Forum Newbie
Hello Joffie

You had a similar question to this in the first page of the thread but I'd really appreciate you spelling it out. I've re-watched the video but can't figure it out.

Your method seems to rely heavily on price action at the high and low of the week. But you're taking trades during the week. I've seen the weekly separators. But price could still rise or drop from the areas you've marked as weekly highs or lows.

Is it a best guess as to the weekly high, based on say rejection of lower prices, or is there some other indication that point A is a weekly high / low?

Much appreciated!

Tom

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hello Joffie

You had a similar question to this in the first page of the thread but I'd really appreciate you spelling it out. I've re-watched the video but can't figure it out.

Your method seems to rely heavily on price action at the high and low of the week. But you're taking trades during the week. I've seen the weekly separators. But price could still rise or drop from the areas you've marked as weekly highs or lows.

Is it a best guess as to the weekly high, based on say rejection of lower prices, or is there some other indication that point A is a weekly high / low?

Much appreciated!

Tom

Hi Tom,

The high or low of the week is only to be used for reversal trade. Where with the trend entry this is not necessary. Like the recent cadjpy buy trade off low of the week, but when with the trend we are using a price action entry with or without the box method. Where on reversals it must only be a box entry coming off the high or low of the week

Hopefully this clears that up for you.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
hi Joffie,
Thanks for time replying me, i have tried both yours template and also using Dale TFG but seem lagging, but i have search for flexibar but just couldnt confirm which is the right one.
So i guess in the meantime i have to stick with 4HR.

Thanks
Simon

Are you using windows 10 and mt4 latest update February 17 ? If so I suggests to watch my videos to help speed up windows 10 and mt4 stopped mine saying not responding all the time. Also can I suggest you make profiles of say aud pairs eur pairs etc so your not having too many charts open on a profile as that will cause mt4 to crash also

stevko

TFG Forum Junkie
Hi Joffie, one question about your latest template: You´ve got an ma_cross_alert_once_a and ma_cross_alert_once_b. The second is not included into your template. Is that right?

Last edited:

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Yeah I found it work with just the one on screen, originally I placed the one indicator on and worked both up and down arrows but it generated the second in my indicators so as long as you have it placed in indicators folder should work ok

stevko

TFG Forum Junkie
thanks - i just set up your template together with Infinox demo and Chart Generator and new Trade Panel. All perfect. And profiles without chart generator load rocket fast! Also went to all your video´s and setups to make me a clear short guide of entries to look for. It´s been a bit overwhelming the last weeks but now i get the picture.
I will give it a last test on monday before i switch back to my live account - and from then i am totally updated with system and tools - and method :D

Last edited:

javifx

I will take as many trades as I can as long as I am never over a 4% risk total, so if I was to see a trade and I was max out I wouldn't take another trade unless I could move one trade to break even early. I would look for the best pair with regards to price strength to weakness, by this I would check both cross pairs strength to weakness. Lets say we have a euraud and eurgbp both showing a sell signal, but when we look at the aud cross pairs all are weak apart from the audchf, where the gbp cross pairs all gbp are strong then you would take the eurgbp sell. hopefully that makes sense.
nice advice

Moshento

Forum Newbie

Good morning
Thanks
Just confiurming, for the h8 the emas are 31, 3, and 6 ? is this correct?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hi guys, I've been working hard over this weekend to find a way to build into the box method divergence solely on the 8hr or 4hr charts. I've finally come to a conclusion and using a setting for the stochastics I've found something that works. Also anyone trading the 4hr charts I've changed ema settings to 10&20 so it's in line with the 8hr charts 5&10 ema's. The exit though on the 4hr is still the 5&10 ema crossing. I will post a few charts showing the use of stochastic with divergence and the box method mainly with reversals and later on hoping to do a video to follow up as well. I'm back to work tomorrow so won't be so active this week in the chat room as have a lot of work to catch up on this week.

Last edited:

Simon Faith Lim

Casual Member
Hi guys, I've been working hard over this weekend to find a way to build into the box method divergence solely on the 8hr or 4hr charts. I've finally come to a conclusion and using a setting for the stochastics I've found something that works. Also anyone trading the 4hr charts I've changed ema settings to 10&20 so it's in line with the 8hr charts 5&10 ema's. The exit though on the 4hr is still the 5&10 ema crossing. I will post a few charts showing the use of stochastic with divergence and the box method mainly with reversals and later on hoping to do a video to follow up as well. I'm back to work tomorrow so won't be so active this week in the chat room as have a lot of work to catch up on this week.
hi Joffie,

Looking forward to your video and not sure you can attached the 4 Hr template with all the preset setting like the MA and the rest.

Have a bless week ahead.