Box trading method

Who thinks creating a new thread just for trade set-ups is a good idea for this method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hi everyone, thought for a short time I would let you guys in on how I am trading and seeing price action and what I'm doing currently in the markets. Check out the quick video attached here as I thought this would be quickest way to demonstrate what I am doing. Any questions just add them below in this thread and I will answer them soon as I get some free time. Just to say I do work full time so I am only trading the 8hr time frame and I will only probably get to check the forum every evening after work. For now enjoy my quick video guys.

Joffie

boseman

Forum Newbie
Joffie,

How do the arrows appear on the chart? Do you put them on manually? Do you manually apply the circles?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Joffie,

How do the arrows appear on the chart? Do you put them on manually? Do you manually apply the circles?

No they are both generated automatically by indicators, the circles are just fractals I've just found a indicator I was able to modify to use circles, and the arrows are just a 3 crossing a 5 ema on the 8hr chart

triatlas

Forum Newbie
This looks interesting Joffie, thank you for sharing. How long do you trade this strategy? Did you try this on Daily, too?

I use previous Weekly and Monthly High as possible S/R and for evaluating the trade direction.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
This looks interesting Joffie, thank you for sharing. How long do you trade this strategy? Did you try this on Daily, too?

I use previous Weekly and Monthly High as possible S/R and for evaluating the trade direction.

This is just one of my strategies I use, this current one only a few months now but has great potential hence why I decided to post here in the forum to help other traders. I have not looked at this on the daily. But I can tell you this would work on either 1hr/2hr with daily price action, 4hr/8hr with weekly price action and daily with monthly price action using the high low of each period.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Now we have looked at how I use currency crosses together on profiles to determine trade strength and weakness and also the bread and butter trade entries for reversals, the video below will show quickly how I will trade with the trend and what I look for and use. I use two templates, one for reversals and one with the trend as you will see in the video. Again any questions are welcome and I will answer when I can. Happy trading

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
IMG_5107.PNG Update- stopped out at break even on 2nd sell on usdcad. First sell still open targeting the x4 target. Not at my laptop so can only post this daily chart off my iPhone

Joffie

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Morning everyone, now off to work but done a quick video update of trade I'm still in and a possible sell I am watching for on the gbpcad

stevko

TFG Forum Junkie
thanks, Joffie, very inspiring!- you wrote that your method works for 4h/8h with weekly PA. Do you use 5+10 ema´s on the 4h timeframe as well, or would that be 10+20? (hopefully your HD works again :)

fxsean

Casual Member
Thanks for posing you trading method!

This question is for the first video on this thread.
How do you know the high and low of the week in this video if it hasn't happened yet? Or are you using the previous week?

Last edited:

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
thanks, Joffie, very inspiring!- you wrote that your method works for 4h/8h with weekly PA. Do you use 5+10 ema´s on the 4h timeframe as well, or would that be 10+20? (hopefully your HD works again :)
Yes I would use the 5 & 10ema on the 4hr

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Thanks for posing you trading method!

This question is for the first video on this thread.
How do you know the high and low of the week in this video if it hasn't happened yet? Or are you using the previous week?

I would suggest you watch the video a few times, and take note of one, the weekly period separators that I use for the high/low to form and two the price pattern I show must form at this high or low for a valid reversal, there was a sell I took on the eurchf 8hr coming of the high of the week and with this price pattern

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
IMG_5111.PNG IMG_5112.PNG Unfortunately my HD on my laptop is completely knackered so I be out of trading temporarily until I get it fixed or get a new laptop. Trades I took today on the 8hr chart where the eurchf and gbpcad, I also still have the usdcad open, all three trades are sell trades also. I will now exit these on my iPhone and on the 4hr charts waiting for the 5 to cross the 10ema for a exit.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
thanks Joffie - are all your other rules in 4h the same as you explained for the 8h timeframe? i.g. number of inside candles , or crossing ema´s (?) greetings

Only difference on the 4hr to 8hr is I use the 5&10 ema cross over to exit on the 4hr but the 3&5 cross over to exit on the 8hr which is the same as the 4hr 5&10 ema cross over

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Update on open trades, now moved to break even on both gbpcad and eurchf sell trades as we had a bullish close and also locked in more profit on the usdcad sell as we created another pivot low