Box trading method

Who thinks creating a new thread just for trade set-ups is a good idea for this method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Audusd trade update, has hit x3 target. I have also added a chart off gold to show this method will work with anything

Attachments

• AUDUSDH8 tp.png
    AUDUSDH8 tp.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 41
  • XAUUSDH8.png
    XAUUSDH8.png
    54 KB · Views: 44

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Update on trades that I Took from post couple days ago-

Audusd hit full target +6%

Usdjpy was stopped out at break even.

Eurusd I had a arrow to exit so closed with a -0.5% loss

Nzdusd also just had an arrow to exit and closed with a -0.75% loss

Usdcad sell still open at break even

Total of +4.75% profit from those trades.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Have a trade set to sell gbpchf but I never got triggered, if price doesn't retrace and just drops I will close order.

Attachments

• GBPCHFH8.png
    GBPCHFH8.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 40

fxsean

Casual Member
EURGBPH8.png
I missed this as I'm sleeping when the bullish rejection candle formed. (Red Arrow).
Joffie do you take entries at the end of the week like this one?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
View attachment 3494
I missed this as I'm sleeping when the bullish rejection candle formed. (Red Arrow).
Joffie do you take entries at the end of the week like this one?

Yes I will, if you see the gbpchf chart I posted this was a sell I set up as missed the entry and never got triggered though. Eurgbp on my account wasn't a box entry that's why I took the gbpchf. If the candle appears at the close of the week I will not then trade that set-up but wait for the next couple of candles to form and see if a new set up forms in line with that entry at end of the previous week.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I'm changing the fractal indicator I'm using as it's not showing correct on some charts, soon as I've got another one I will post it

TomUK

Forum Newbie
Hi Joffie! Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Really like your method.

I'm going to re-read and re-watch and make notes.

Thanks again

Tom

Moshento

Forum Newbie
Hello Joffie, thanks for sharing your startegy which i find to be very interesting. I am a new trader and new to TFG. I have just downloaded your latest boxed method. Couple of questions. 1. I can only view H4 on MT4. How to view H8? 2.what does the spread calculate (is it the spread of each candle?) and how can i change its location on the screen. 3. what trigger green and red arrows, and can we use then as buy and sell entries? since i can only view H4 so i programmed EMAs to 5 and 10. Is this correct? I now have a green arrow on the H4 EUR GBP chart. Shall i long here? forgive the many Questions. Cheers Shento

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hello Joffie, thanks for sharing your startegy which i find to be very interesting. I am a new trader and new to TFG. I have just downloaded your latest boxed method. Couple of questions. 1. I can only view H4 on MT4. How to view H8? 2.what does the spread calculate (is it the spread of each candle?) and how can i change its location on the screen. 3. what trigger green and red arrows, and can we use then as buy and sell entries? since i can only view H4 so i programmed EMAs to 5 and 10. Is this correct? I now have a green arrow on the H4 EUR GBP chart. Shall i long here? forgive the many Questions. Cheers Shento

Hi Shento,

I will answer your questions tomorrow as I'm now off to bed. But look through the thread and watch the videos, as most of your questions will be answered there. Plus download the latest indicators and template. You can use offline charts or Dales chart generator to make 8hr charts

Joffie

Moshento

Forum Newbie
Thanks Joffie for quick response. I have watched the videos. maybe i need to watch again. Where can i download Dales Chart Generator?
Sweet dreams. where are u based by the way? I am based in Dubai and going to bed soon as well.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Thanks Joffie for quick response. I have watched the videos. maybe i need to watch again. Where can i download Dales Chart Generator?
Sweet dreams. where are u based by the way? I am based in Dubai and going to bed soon as well.

There is also a video in this thread just on making offline 8hr charts

Moshento

Forum Newbie
Dear Joffie, just a quick question, the alerts on the Box method zip are set at SMA 7 and Zero, Shall I leave it that way, or i need to change the input? Thanks