• Australia/New Zealand

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • Africa

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

seaton

Forum Newbie
G'day one and all,

My name is Stephen and am a West Aussie, actually down south in Bunbury. I've been trading a little over 3 years mostly automated with good success, but initially started manual trading with a 2 year break in the middle due to life matters, but in the last month I've renewed my forex passion and restarted on a journey to be come a totally independent trader in my own right.

Being a bit of a tech head I've always had issues with the laggy nature of indicators for entries and so my journey has led me here.

Having just joined today I'm totally happy with the amount of information and support provided here and hopefully will get to see you all in the chat room at some time.

If there are any other West Aussies here let me know if you ever want to catch up over a coffee.

vickie

Vickie
Hi everyone,

My name is Vickie. I live in Omaha, NE (US). I started trading in 2010, and I was fortunate to discover PA right away through an internet search on "how to trade Forex". I learned some basic concepts about PA, but never the wealth of information that I have found here. I had some small success initially on my demo account, but as time went on I got worse and worse it seemed! Despite the fact that I basically learned what I SHOULD BE DOING, I had been lacking in discipline on actually sticking to my own rules. I succumbed to every flaw that most traders go through, over-trading, using indicators and crazy systems, listening to the news and letting it influence my trades, not using proper money management, etc. Eventually in early 2012, I burned out. I had lost 50% of my first live account and decided to shut it down until I could prove to myself that I could consistently follow the rules. After that, I went back to college and Forex just fell onto the back burner for me. Which was probably for the best because I needed a break anyway. Fast forward to now, I have finished my bachelor's degree and am working on my masters degree (not relevant to Forex, but my back up plan is to be an Anthropology professor) - and I have found a renewed passion for Forex! So, I found this site, joined about two weeks ago, and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed with the amount of valuable information available to us here. I know the real challenge is to be disciplined enough to actually stick to it and apply it, but I really believe that you have to have 100% faith in your system in order to not deviate from it (especially when times are tough, and they do get tough with Forex!) So, what I am saying I guess is that I feel very fortunate to have a mentor willing to share his insights with me (thank you Graham!) and many more mentors in the form of this community of members to learn from.

omegacash

Forum Newbie
Greetings to all from Arizona, USA. My name is Mark and have been trading forex, not very successfully, for about 3 years. I been down all to common paths filled with pitfalls and broken promises and found my way thanks to random tweet.

I looked over the website, watch a few videos and Graham's way of trading really caught my attention. His daily approach really seemed to be the answer to a lot of my questions. I've now completed my 1st pass through the price action protocol and must give him props for a well written, comprehensive, but easy to understand system.

I am looking forward to learning how to implement his approach and am grateful, like many others have stated, for Graham taking the time to help others learn his craft.

Now its time to start pass #2 on the PAP! :D :D

sunny747

Forum Newbie
Hello All,

My name is Sunny, i live and work in Thailand. Originally i'm from Bangladesh but barely had a chance to stay there.

I discovered Forex from a friend of mine a year ago and got interested when i saw his 100$ became 1000$ in a matter of few days. Soon after, he lost all his money though but i thought i should educate myself first and try this business. Since i have a day job and most part in front of computer, i thought this Forex should be very suitable. Like every other new traders, i tried all possible strategy's but none was consistently profitable. I did not know what i was doing. I got tricked into opening an account on social trading like Etoro in order to trade live and follow forex guru's (?). But soon i realized these brokers are designed to loose money. I learnt it the hard way after wiping out 50% of my investment.

From the begaining i was committed that i won't fall into any signal provider or forex course online. But honestly ,it was very hard to get genuine information on net. Just couple of months ago, i discovered Price action and Dale's web came in 2nd on my google search. I was convinced that it would be another scam like others but out of curiosity i read few lines. but soon i read all of it and found it quiet resourceful and trustworthy.

In Forex i realized i need to have one Mentor in order to learn if i'm serious. Living in Thailand, it is very difficult to find a professional forex trader so my only choice was online community.

After contacting Dale, i knew from his email that this guy is genuine and he is really there to help. It was just my intuition that i was not falling into scam. After all, i won't get poor by spending few hundred dollars so i went for it.

and Boy , this is the best few hundred dollars i have ever spent. The cadlesticks which looked like a whimsical line to me , now makes so much sense after reading the price action protocol.

It's been a month since i'm here but i'm not still on my winning track (entirely my fault) but now i know exactly why i lost those trades. i can always ask questions in the chatroom and guy there are in competition to help me always. This is fantastic community.

at the end, i just want to thank all of you guys for being so nice and helpful. Also big cheers to my mate Dale.

thanks

ramli ibrahim

Forum Newbie
Hello , my name is Ramli Ibrahim and I 'm from Kuala Lumpur.
I have been trading forex almost five years , still not making any income yet , I ' tried the scalping method many years and bought many trading system. Also I stopped trading for a while and work again for almost a year. Now I just got terminated from my employer , and wanted to concentrate my currency business. I have been following Graham almost a year and still studying his price action trading system.

timwr

Forum Newbie
Hi folks,

my name is Tim, Irish man living in Adelaide, Australia. I've been trading with minimal success for about 5 years now. I blew up my first 2 accounts but I'm determined to trade for a living so I can leave the rat race.

I've been looking for a simple approach and one that doesn't have me watching the charts all day, I think I've found it now with PA. So it's exciting to not have to draw lines all over my charts every day and also know that other fellow PA traders are having success in their trading.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here in TFG

Tim

Calculus_plus

Forum Newbie
Hi everyone, my name is Adolfo, I am originally from Managua, Nicaragua; raised in Miami, FL and now living and working in Virginia Beach, VA. I am currently in the US Navy working as an Aviation Electrician. I started trading in stocks back in 2003, but discovered that you could trade currencies; and since I was in High School I always wanted to become a Currency Trader. When I started in the stock market I did ok for myself mainly because the stock market was going up and I picked up Blue Chips. I got started in Forex from an infomercial they had on TV, they said Forex was EASY! I bought the program and the first month was really good, but then I blew up my account, and lost the thousands of dollars I spent buying the program. I then tried all sorts of methods from buying on Sundays only, trading on a flip of coin. Spent money on classes, used every indicator you can imagine, used multiple indicators. Used Robots, signal providers, and nothing worked.

I then found a Mentor in 2006 who I thought knew how to trade the markets in Miami, he had his own school and for $3k, he would mentor you and teach you how to trade using his proprietary indicators and a wide range of systems, 12 in total using mainly 15 mins time frame. We used large stop losses, I'm talking about 100 pip loss easily in order to sometimes get 20 to 40 pips, TP1, their justification for this was that they had a 80 to 90 percent winning ratio and even if one system was doing bad, you had 11 more to rely on. Well, let me tell you that I followed things to the letter and I did I have a few wins but when I had losses, they killed me, I had more losses than I did wins. I gave up on that community, and last I checked I could not find their website...I think they finally closed shop.

Finally I came across this website while I was about to deploy, waited 9 months because we have unreliable internet connection on the boat, and finally came back to the states and I joined the community. I am still not trading because though I know this works and money management works, I guess I am still trigger shy and afraid or taking the leap because of years of failure. I am taking baby steps and hope to become a good trader and have a more active role in this wonderful community. Thank you Dale, and all the wonderful support of the fellow traders in this community.

ebizman87

Forum Newbie
Saw this post got bumped recently, so just wanted to drop by and say HI to everyone.

My name is Ravi@Max , a 7 months old Forex newbie from Malaysia. Looking forward to network with all of you :)

sizzler52

Forum Newbie
Hi Sizzler here from Kent, Uk. Forex newbie of 6 months settled on price action as preferred strategy. Learning as much as possible ready for retirement from full time work in October. Find it very difficult to trade in a busy full time job, on a phone, but learning fast. Look forward to picking up some knowledge and sharing whatever I can.
Sizzler

a2xm

Forum Newbie
Hi everybody, my real name is Andre, I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I've been trading for 5 years but never feel a real success by withdrawing the profit.

I was loved to scalping and using small time frame before. It was very stressful trading and my life was deranged. Then I found TFG website earlier this year and it was really an eye opener for me.

I'm learning price action trading passionately right now :D looking forward to learn together with all of you here.

danny

TFG Forum Junkie
hi all .. i'm danny from north borneo (sabah) ... been learning forex for about 3 yrs non-stop with guidence from a couple of forex guru's with no luck of actually moving from learner to trader until i met the forex guy about 5 months back. I didn't actually have the money to become member but i thank the forex guy for the information he shared for free. I red all the relevant article and actually applied all the technique he shared during backtesting. The result on the backtest was promising.

I've now started trading real money on smaller account and so far its looking good, although further adjustment is needed, e.g deleting unprofitable pairs(under progress in my backtest agenda) and the spread factor, i discovered that with regards to buy position the buy stop will be filled if the spread price hit the stop, so need to be careful with that because position will be opened not on the intended area.

What i can say is the forex guy way of trading is fully relax, i only watched the chart for trading like once(early in the morning) or twice a day and when in doubt i don't enter the market. So the rest of the day is either playing with the chart for learning purposes or go about with life doing whatever i like. Thank you so much for the free information you shared mr Theforexguy.

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Hi Danny, I am glad you've found a level of peace with the markets. Thank you for your kind words and I hope your trading only continues to improve from here on in.

hafizhanif84

TFG Forum Junkie
hi all .. i'm danny from north borneo (sabah) ... been learning forex for about 3 yrs non-stop with guidence from a couple of forex guru's with no luck of actually moving from learner to trader until i met the forex guy about 5 months back. I didn't actually have the money to become member but i thank the forex guy for the information he shared for free. I red all the relevant article and actually applied all the technique he shared during backtesting. The result on the backtest was promising.

I've now started trading real money on smaller account and so far its looking good, although further adjustment is needed, e.g deleting unprofitable pairs(under progress in my backtest agenda) and the spread factor, i discovered that with regards to buy position the buy stop will be filled if the spread price hit the stop, so need to be careful with that because position will be opened not on the intended area.

What i can say is the forex guy way of trading is fully relax, i only watched the chart for trading like once(early in the morning) or twice a day and when in doubt i don't enter the market. So the rest of the day is either playing with the chart for learning purposes or go about with life doing whatever i like. Thank you so much for the free information you shared mr Theforexguy.

hey malaysian trader..welcome

RF1508

Hi all,

My name is Robbert and I am new here.
Trading from Amsterdam in the Netherlands and hoping to learn some more over here.
Been trading for a while now and just reached the point in making some profits (now and then).

grtz.

Dre

Forum Newbie
Hello everyone!!! Just discovered the Web. I am new at forex, however I have more experience at the stock market.
I'm from Spain and I hope I can learn a lot from your knowledge, experience and all the info that I'm seeing.

yurryse

Forum Newbie
Hello, My name is Ernest from Manila, Philippines

Currently I was trading in the stock since 2010 on a part time basis. And I started to learn forex in 2013 with demo but unfortunately when I've started to trade live I thought it was so easy. Not glancing about the trading psychology, money management, and RR ratio is one of the huge mistakes happen to me and blown out my account in a shorter period of time. Now I'm here looking forward with you guys to learn more and do something different to fight against those mistakes. The solution is here over the course of this Price action scheme. I love Trading, and I'm happy to be with you guys.