Box trading method

Who thinks creating a new thread just for trade set-ups is a good idea for this method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stevko

TFG Forum Junkie
good morning, Joffie. I am looking at your 8h examples on the 4h timeframe, just to get familiar with your method. Of course it is a bit too much candles to see clearly all your setups. My question is: Do you have experience with your method on the 4h? Would you expect approximately the same percentage of trades stopped out or at break even as on the 8h?
Thanks for sharing!

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
good morning, Joffie. I am looking at your 8h examples on the 4h timeframe, just to get familiar with your method. Of course it is a bit too much candles to see clearly all your setups. My question is: Do you have experience with your method on the 4h? Would you expect approximately the same percentage of trades stopped out or at break even as on the 8h?
Thanks for sharing!

Overall the reversal trades would be very much the same as the 8hr charts but the trend entries I found more losing trades on the 4hr chart, but long term I would also expect more winning trades on the 4hr with the trend so they would cancel each other out in that sense. I just prefer the 8hr timeframe as it fits my work schedule and I found it much clearer on the signals to see

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
IMG_5123.PNG IMG_5124.PNG
Overall the reversal trades would be very much the same as the 8hr charts but the trend entries I found more losing trades on the 4hr chart, but long term I would also expect more winning trades on the 4hr with the trend so they would cancel each other out in that sense. I just prefer the 8hr timeframe as it fits my work schedule and I found it much clearer on the signals to see

Still no new HD or new laptop so I'm still sitting on the sidelines for now and managing my open trades on eurchf sell and gbpcad sell

fxsean

Casual Member
Hi Joffie. Can you post a link to the arrow indicator as it would be good to close trades using this method. Thanks

triatlas

Forum Newbie
Hello Joffie, how many trades do you take at a time? And: If you get multiple signals within a currency and it's crosses, will you take them or just keep with the best looking one?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hello Joffie, how many trades do you take at a time? And: If you get multiple signals within a currency and it's crosses, will you take them or just keep with the best looking one?

I will take as many trades as I can as long as I am never over a 4% risk total, so if I was to see a trade and I was max out I wouldn't take another trade unless I could move one trade to break even early. I would look for the best pair with regards to price strength to weakness, by this I would check both cross pairs strength to weakness. Lets say we have a euraud and eurgbp both showing a sell signal, but when we look at the aud cross pairs all are weak apart from the audchf, where the gbp cross pairs all gbp are strong then you would take the eurgbp sell. hopefully that makes sense.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
All indicators and templates I use with this method, just add all indicators into your mt4 indicator folder and the three templates into the mt4 template folder

Update! Please use the indicators and template from page 6

Attachments

• color_fill_ma.ex4
    42.5 KB · Views: 37
  • color_fill_ma.mq4
    24.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Forexprofitsupreme Signal.ex4
    8.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Forexprofitsupreme Signal.mq4
    6.5 KB · Views: 40
  • fractalsjoffie.ex4
    16 KB · Views: 35
  • fractalsjoffie.mq4
    5.7 KB · Views: 33
  • lot size calc.ex4
    5.9 KB · Views: 30
  • lot size calc.mq4
    1.7 KB · Views: 30
  • P4L_PeriodCon (1).ex4
    18.4 KB · Views: 35
  • =InsideBar box.ex4
    12.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Here are the templates-having problems uploading templates and spread indicator, for some reason wont let me upload so I will try again later

Attachments

• Spread.ex4
    8.6 KB · Views: 30
  • templates.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 38

stevko

TFG Forum Junkie
setting up works fine so far! only it seems that i miss some information. because after closing mt4 and reopening the profile which i made with your templates, price doesn´t move - i suppose that is why they are called "offline" (?) - what is your routine/setup with this?

Last edited:

fxsean

Casual Member
HI Joffie,
When I save a pair as a profile and re open Mt4 my profile appears as I saved it, however the charts are no longer active. Do you load the all every time?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
setting up works fine so far! only it seems that i miss some information. because after closing mt4 and reopening the profile which i made with your templates, price doesn´t move - i suppose that is why they are called "offline" (?) - what is your routine/setup with this?

You must leave open the 4hr chart with the template including the period converter indicator then will update a 8hr chart and price will move in suit with the 4hr

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
HI Joffie,
When I save a pair as a profile and re open Mt4 my profile appears as I saved it, however the charts are no longer active. Do you load the all every time?

Do you mean the 8hr charts? And if this is after end of week close everything will stop obviously. Like I said above make sure you have open still each 4hr chart for every 8hr chart open with the correct template on the 4hr chart so it will continuously update the 8hr charts

fxsean

Casual Member
I was closing the 4hr charts. I have your template working nicely with the new chart generator so I'll just use that. Thanks for the reply!

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I was closing the 4hr charts. I have your template working nicely with the new chart generator so I'll just use that. Thanks for the reply!

Ok great, just make sure your using the correct candle close so its same as the new York close, as from what I remember with dales chart generator you can have what 8hr close you wish