• Australia/New Zealand

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • Africa

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

leonardo

Casual Member
Hello everyone,

The War Room has just been launched, but we're already planning to give you guys something more off it ;)
In order to do it (and to get to know each other), it would be interesting to know your nationality and timezone for future events!

In order to avoid a HUGE pool, I just introduced the main areas: just pls reply, introducing yourself briefly specifying your Nation!

Best,
Leonardo and DNB Staff

leonardo

Casual Member
I'm going to break the ice here!

As you can see, I'm Leonardo from Italy.

I'm an Economics student with a passion for Finance (not only applied one - we can introduce some nerd concepts if any of you is interested, cos the insitutionals DO use it!) since I was 16. I in fact wrote my high-school thesis about Market manipulations and FIbonacci from a mathematical point of view.

I'll be glad to support any of you with eveything, pls don't be shy!

Ciao ;)

dnagolf

Forum Newbie
hi Leonardo,
i'm Donatello, from Italy too,
Bologna!
i'm a real estate agent
i've started trading 4 years ago,
i'm still learning, everyday!!

i love daytrade, for little pips, with high leverage, i also trade with PA, but with lower leverage..

see you soon!

michael

Casual Member
Ciao folks,

l'm Michael from Brighton in England...not far from Italy! In fact, l used to go out with a wonderful lady from Turin in my younger days and we spent a lot of time in Val D'Aosta. Beautiful place, pity l don't ski! l spoke Spanish and she spoke Italian and we communicated without a problem! Reminds me of trading really, l speak one language and the Markets another and l spend my time working out what it all means!

Anyway, as there are a few of us here from Europe maybe we can try and be on the forum and in the chat room at NY Close which is about 10 or 11pm our time for a review of the markets and a look at possible trades.

ps Leonardo, how did you manage to team up with DnB, he's in Canada isn't he?

vasude

TFG Forum Junkie
i am tamilnadu,india. my name is vasudevan.

in earlier days is used to trade using daily high and low method and its act as a support and resistance levels.

:mrgreen:

maca2

Forum Newbie
I am Alan living in Mackay in the state of Queensland in Aus. I have been retired for a number of years and enjoy playing Violin in a backing band. Also interested in playing Guitar also vocals mainly old stuff.
My involvement with forex trading has not been good so I banned myself from using real money until I get some rules I can follow which led me here.
Really nice to meet you all.

leonardo

Casual Member
michael said:
[...]

Anyway, as there are a few of us here from Europe maybe we can try and be on the forum and in the chat room at NY Close which is about 10 or 11pm our time for a review of the markets and a look at possible trades.

ps Leonardo, how did you manage to team up with DnB, he's in Canada isn't he?

Hey Michael,

About the market review: you'll get to know me, but I'm really really picky in my trades and getting along in the chat room can be problematic on a fixed base. My best suggestion for you all is to publish your questions/ideas in the related pair's topic, and I'll fast reply to you as I also check markets at NYC ;)

You can also contact me via e-mail ([email protected]) but pls prefer the forum instead, so that everyone can see it :)

As soon as things start taking off seriously, we'll introduce many other interesting tools/events (as I mentioned in another topic too).

You'll be satisfied, promised :twisted:

PS: I met him via babypips forum :)

grindfx

Forum Newbie
Hi guys,

My name is Nicolas and I am from Switzerland. I started trading on the Stock market in 2007. Soon after, I discovered the Forex market, which in my opinion is much more flexible in terms of capital usage and trading precision.
I currently trade for a living since last year and the least I can say, it was not an easy start. I keep on improving though and hope I will never have to come back to the rat race...:) CHeers,

michael

Casual Member
grindfx said:
Hi guys,

My name is Nicolas and I am from Switzerland. I started trading on the Stock market in 2007. Soon after, I discovered the Forex market, which in my opinion is much more flexible in terms of capital usage and trading precision.
I currently trade for a living since last year and the least I can say, it was not an easy start. I keep on improving though and hope I will never have to come back to the rat race...:) CHeers,

And well done to Switzerland on your new anti Fat Cat laws, lets hope everyone else follows!It was very surprising to see Switzerland lead on this one which makes it all the more powerful.

What's your first language Nicolas?

dafttrader

Forum Newbie
Hi All,

I'm Simon and I live up in the far reaches of Scotland. I've been involved in Financial Services for 12 years now and have been trading equities for the past 7 years. I've been mucking around with forex for a about 18 months and trying to incorporate it into my investment strategy going forward. Anyway I won't be around over the next couple of weeks much as I'm going on holiday (vacation) I hope to be more involved upon my return.

Catch you later.

scotch

Forum Newbie
My name is Josh, I'm from Canada, and most people who spend any amount of time around me start to call me by my regular handle of "Scotch". Started forex back in '05. Have been doing my best to fail at it ever since. I may or may not have an alcohol abuse problem, depending on how you view things.

enrico

Forum Newbie
hi everyone,
im from a place called bemerside Queensland Australia its very country [hillbilly you could say].
ive been trading for about 4 years not much success but psychology wise ive mastered the art
of loosing thats the big one , all up hill from here.
at the moment im in the building trade and live and breve trading . like all of you hope to succeed.
ive spent an embarrassing amount of money learning this trade and must admit that dnb has been
my best success .i dont write to much on forums [this is taking me ages to write] .
but will definitely try hard to participate.all the best to everyone,looking forward to the chats.
enrico

grindfx

Forum Newbie
French is my main language although I speak German and English pretty decently thanks to the 8 years I spent working for multinational companies ... Thank god it's over ;-)

vasude

TFG Forum Junkie
endorfinus said:
Hello everybody!!!!

I'm Alex from Slovenia or s-LOVE-nia ;)

Love new challenges, learning new things in life, am goal oriented and a big joker.

welcome abroad....

grindfx

Forum Newbie
scotch said:
grindfx said:
8 years I spent working for multinational companies ...
Any examples you can share of the companies you worked for? What was/is your field?
Hi Scotch, I would prefer to avoid talking about this past and concentrate on the future, but I was mainly involved in the Finance field...Cheers,

dennis

Forum Newbie
Hi I'm Dennis from California USA. Have been trying to learn forex to many years finally decided price action is the way to go. I work full time so daily time frame is perfect for me. Just need to learn to be patience for the set ups. I've tried different indicators and robots with out success, with price action I have had better results.

agent007

Forum Newbie
Hello, my name is Dave and I live in West Sussex, England.

I have been trading stocks and indices on a part-time basis since 2008, and started trading Forex in 2010. I found Forex the hardest nut to crack, but after nearly three years of trading everything from tick charts to monthly charts, I now trade a mix of daily and 4 hour time frames using purely technical analysis.