Hi/Lo of the day trading method.

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
nice sharing joffie.
I almost trade sell EU too, but just found out the engulfing candle was too big.

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
Tj the GU trade I took last week was a buy first with a 2% risk on the trade, then 2 candles later there was the bearish candle closing against my buy trade, putting my trade in negative. So here I sold becasue 1. price was coming of the high of the day. 2. the reverse happened within 2 candles after the buy entry 3. I was negative on the buy trade.
So I placed a sell trade here with again a 2% risk on the trade. All that is left to do now is let the trades play out, one will get stopped out and normally the other trade will move into profit. I look to lock in a 1:1 proft when price has closed past the 1:1 and i either get stopped out with a break even or price continues into more profit.

Now there is also the chance both trades will stop out for a full loss and this can happen. But sticking to the rules these reverse hedge trades can also make good profit.

joffie

Now I am more understand after this explanation.
Yes it is hedge the trade, and let the other trade to take out the SL.
It's a little bit like switching trade though.
But indeed it's call hedge the trade, and let the other position to take SL.

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
4 entries so far, tested this on my small account.
SL I would put around 30 pips.
1. EU BUY -11 pips
2. GU SELL -83 pips
3. GU BUY (Hedge), same position lot +60 pips
4. EU BUY +135 pips (NFP)

You see number 2 and 3? I hedged and ended up -20 pips. Just 10 pips different with my real risk around 30 pips. So thus I still don't understand your hedge strategy and still profit

Note the position lot size on this small account for test are all only 0.01

If trade number 2 I put SL for 20 or 30 pips, THEN trade number 3 would be in profit for +60 pips, then I will still in profit at least 1:2 to 1:3.

Hm, nice strategy

jason piazza

Casual Member
Hi tjenarvi,

If you pm me your email address I can send you my template and indicators for the method as am unable to post in them forum

Joffie
I would also like to get a little more info about your template and indicators to further understand this method a bit more if you don't mind

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Yes tj I did hedge GU, took a loss on the sell and took a 1:3 profit on the hedged buy trade ending up with a net +4% profit for the day, no trade on Eu trading of high of the day, but it did give a reverse buy trade which is a whole new method in its self

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 44

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I would also like to get a little more info about your template and indicators to further understand this method a bit more if you don't mind

Jason if you send me a PM with your email address I can send you the template and indicators

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
Yes tj I did hedge GU, took a loss on the sell and took a 1:3 profit on the hedged buy trade ending up with a net +4% profit for the day, no trade on Eu trading of high of the day, but it did give a reverse buy trade which is a whole new method in its self

I almost wanted to hedge it, but just afraid it due to remembering the last hedge result a loss

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I almost wanted to hedge it, but just afraid it due to remembering the last hedge result a loss

You must stick to the plan and follow the rules. Yes there will be times when both trades lose, but then you'll have a good winner wiping out these losses. I've back tested traded this method exactly as I have posted, since Jan this year every month trading both pairs was positive and over +20% every month with Sep being the highest so far of +85%

Both pairs ended up positive for the month also, but trading both combined will increase your ROI

Last edited:

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Back tested results-

Jan
EU- +15.5%
GU- +11%
= +26.5%

Feb
EU- +16%
GU- +34%
= +50%

March
EU- +16.5%
GU- +26%
= +42.5%

April
EU- +30%
GU- +18%
= +48%

May
EU- +17.5%
GU- +12%
= +25.5%

June
EU- +14%
GU- +22.5%
= +36.5%

July
EU- +11.5%
GU- +9%
= +20.5%

August
EU- +41.5%
GU- +34%
= +75.5%

LIve results-

September
EU- +53%
GU- +32%
= +85%

October
EU- +2.5%
GU- +4%
= +6.5%

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
You must stick to the plan and follow the rules. Yes there will be times when both trades lose, but then you'll have a good winner wiping out these losses. I've back tested traded this method exactly as I have posted, since Jan this year every month trading both pairs was positive and over +20% every month with Sep being the highest so far of +85%

Both pairs ended up positive for the month also, but trading both combined will increase your ROI

Thanks a lot Joffie, I will try to stick with it from now one.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
yesterday's trades eurusd buy with hedged sell both stopped out a -4%, gpbusd sell stopped out with a hedged buy making a +1% ending up with a -1%
-5% for the day. I wanted to show you will have losing days as well trading this method.

Attachments

• eurusd buy hedged sell both stopped out for a loss.png
    eurusd buy hedged sell both stopped out for a loss.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 35
  • gbpusd sell with hedged buy.png
    gbpusd sell with hedged buy.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 34

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
rules have been updated for this method and are on page 1 of this thread, some advice if you are going to trade this method you need to test it in demo or a small account first and follow the rules as outlined.

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
yesterday's trades eurusd buy with hedged sell both stopped out a -4%, gpbusd sell stopped out with a hedged buy making a +1% ending up with a -1%
-5% for the day. I wanted to show you will have losing days as well trading this method.

Question about your GU on your screenshot:
- The Sell reach SL, Ok I understand it. But did you let it run the buy trade even after you found a pin bar reversal on 8 Oct 2015.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Question about your GU on your screenshot:
- The Sell reach SL, Ok I understand it. But did you let it run the buy trade even after you found a pin bar reversal on 8 Oct 2015.
Not sure I totally understand your question

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Only caught eurusd sell trade yesterday, but both eu and gu trades would have stopped out at break even.

Attachments

• eurusd sell stopped out at break even.png
    eurusd sell stopped out at break even.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 28