What’s the latest on installing?

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Dale, and members,

I’ll be getting a new laptop later this week. I think the advice years ago was to install MT direct to C drive, instead of the Default suggested by MT

I think this had something to do with Windows restrictions or something, could be way off track here.

I will be installing and running multiple MT4 and MT5, as I would think that a programmer would be doing; any tips or suggestions?

As usual I will be searching in the meantime for whatever I can find

Thanks

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Thanks for that, previous problem was with Windows 7 UAC , settings were too strict apparently, and I just kept installing to C:\ for long time after

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Excellent video. It’s a wonder they didn’t make the “portable” method of install as the Default method to install, guess I don’t know enough about files and folder structure.

Too late to change the name from portable to standard or something that suggests that it is the best way.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
I'm having huge gaps in many pairs, on 2 brokers, very strange, wonder if it's some Windows date setting as seem to stop at the end of the year 2019, and then pick up recent data, any ideas?

2020-03-30_10-38-08.png

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Mt5 downloads history in the background on another thread.

It's not as straight forward as MT4 to get history. The easiest way is to use indicators which "demand" data from a certain date period, which kicks MT5 into downloading.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Thanks, got them working, used the Refresh function, and the Market Analytics running on a separate chart