Useful and used Acronyms to know

leonardo

Casual Member
Hello Community,

I set up this topic to give you guys most of the used acronyms when it comes down to technical analysis, that you'll see me using a lot. So that we can talk the same language :mrgreen:

PA: Price Action
S: Support
R: Resistance
CL: Critical Level
TL: Trendline
BRN: Big Round Number
FTA: First Trouble Area
PB/RC: Pinbar/Rejection Candle
IB: Inside Bar
BEOB: Bearish Outside Bar
BUOB: Bullish Outside Bar
SL: Stop loss
TP: Take profit
BE: Break Even
NYO: New York Open
NYC: New York Close
LO: London Open

Best,
Leonardo

michael

Casual Member
Leonardo, can l ask if you studied your TA with either Jonathon Fox or the James 16 group? Its just the terminology you like to use is the same/similar to theirs. ( BTW Both the aforementioned are good traders imo)

leonardo

Casual Member
michael said:
Leonardo, can l ask if you studied your TA with either Jonathon Fox or the James 16 group? Its just the terminology you like to use is the same/similar to theirs. ( BTW Both the aforementioned are good traders imo)

Hey Mike,

No I am not affiliated to either J16 or Fox (but I know them). Terminology used is simply always the same ;) And price action trading can't differ too much from one group to another.

Best,
Leonardo

marvelpips

Forum Newbie
leonardo said:
Leonardo, can l ask if you studied your TA with either Jonathon Fox or the James 16 group? Its just the terminology you like to use is the
leonardo said:
Hello Community,

I set up this topic to give you guys most of the used acronyms when it comes down to technical analysis, that you'll see me using a lot. So that we can talk the same language :mrgreen:

PA: Price Action
S: Support
R: Resistance
CL: Critical Level
TL: Trendline
BRN: Big Round Number
FTA: First Trouble Area
PB/RC: Pinbar/Rejection Candle
IB: Inside Bar
BEOB: Bearish Outside Bar
BUOB: Bullish Outside Bar
SL: Stop loss
TP: Take profit
BE: Break Even
NYO: New York Open
NYC: New York Close
LO: London Open

Best,
Leonardo
Leonardo,
Thanks so much for the Acronyms. They look so confusing before now.