TRADING ON MONDAY - the risk

danny

TFG Forum Junkie
have any of you experianced bad trade whenever you enter trades on monday? TFG comment on my trading journal regarding trading on monday a couple weeks ago makes me wondering what kind of risk we're facing. Is it that last friday price action is less reliable for monday trades? or that it is best to open position during london open and not monday morning?trading monday risky.png

Last edited:

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Monday just seems to be the most deceptive day for price action. Very rarely do we see nice breakouts on Mondays, but plenty of failed ones.

Plenty of times I have been a Monday price action victim :) My advise is to just be a side line observer on Mondays unless you're damm sure about your trade.

The weekend interruption just seems to throw out the market, and Monday is where it finds it's footing again.

Castlemain

Casual Member
"The weekend interruption just seems to throw out the market, and Monday is where it finds it's footing again."

Agreed. Everyone's hung over / exhausted / spent / refreshed from a weekend away from their desks! Smart sales people tend not to make calls on a Monday either.

K

Kenny Kristo

One thing should be clear to everyone that risk is forever present if we are talking about business and opportunities, it is just about how handles it better. I consider myself very lucky that I am working with Nova FX broker where I get amazing option of Risk Free Trade; it allows me to work easily with no fear especially on the very first 3 trades or up to 500 USD where it’s guaranteed to be refunded just in case I end up with loss.

arbtrader

Forum Newbie
Currently I use ATC and they seem great but no indexes are available to trade. I checked out GoMarkets but for whatever reason the candles on their charts are different than mine on ATC. Timezone?