taking PA of the mean.

kat888

Casual Member
so how do I define if PA is close enough to Be valid or not?

Attachments

• sgdjpy.jpg
    sgdjpy.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 29
  • chfjpy.jpg
    chfjpy.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 28

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
It looks like you're buying on top of a rally, which may work out - but generally and ideally you want to take buy signals that form after retracements and create a new swing low.

kat888

Casual Member
It looks like you're buying on top of a rally, which may work out - but generally and ideally you want to take buy signals that form after retracements and create a new swing low.

check this support pls..

Attachments

• sgdjpy.jpg
    sgdjpy.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 28

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
It didn't form off a swing level, so it makes it a riskier trade to take. The market needs to retrace a bit more after such a strong move up before you're in a better position to buy. You don't want to 'buy at the top of a rally' so to speak.

kat888

Casual Member
It didn't form off a swing level, so it makes it a riskier trade to take. The market needs to retrace a bit more after such a strong move up before you're in a better position to buy. You don't want to 'buy at the top of a rally' so to speak.

i still dont get it.....SO WHATS THE SWING LEVEL HERE THEN??????
i placed the green line as i found IT as the closest swing level plus it interacts with the mean so it must be a strong area to move from.

exterior

Forum Newbie
But there is no swing down. You have an upward movement and within this movement a bullish pinbar appears. But there isn't really a swing downwards, the move ist straight up. In my opinion, fo a swing down you would need a really visible move downwards, than finding support and turning back upward. A single pinbar isn't a swing, it's just a wild pinbar. It may be a swing on a lower timeframe but for this chart, it isn't.
a swing would create an obvious zig zag pattern. Your chart forms a straight line, no zig zag.