RF1508 trades

RF1508

Currently I trading less. However, my setups are better resulting in profits.

Today I have traded two setups and entered from the H4.
As I am already moving my SL down, both trades probably will be closed at the end of the day because the EURGBP doesn't look that convincing in going down and the EURTRY is just to unpredictable to leave open over night.

Any thoughts someone?

150611 - EURGBP.jpg

150611 - EURTRY.jpg

danny

TFG Forum Junkie
Currently I trading less. However, my setups are better resulting in profits.

Today I have traded two setups and entered from the H4.
As I am already moving my SL down, both trades probably will be closed at the end of the day because the EURGBP doesn't look that convincing in going down and the EURTRY is just to unpredictable to leave open over night.

Any thoughts someone?

View attachment 1741

View attachment 1742
on wednesday i did intend to open position on EGBP too but was not really confident with it going further down because of that X candle. Anyhow this was my intended setup. The circled area would be my critical area, and i would applied a trailing 1:1 because of that area.for rf1508.png

RF1508

on wednesday i did intend to open position on EGBP too but was not really confident with it going further down because of that X candle. Anyhow this was my intended setup. The circled area would be my critical area, and i would applied a trailing 1:1 because of that area.View attachment 1743

Your feeling was right Danny.
I was watching this pair also but as planned I closed my position and didn't hold it overnight.
It is struggling to go further down.

Next week, new week!

RF1508

There is not too much going on for me.
I am learning to keep my trades open longer and do less but more high quality trades.

Hope the GBPUSD will give me a nice RR. Aiming for 1:5 as it is closing in on 1:3
Adjusted my SL right under RR 1:2; nice profit is on it's way no matter what happens.

150618 - GBPUSD.jpg

RF1508

Last week was a nice week when I traded the GBPUSD for the whole week.
Given the results of this pair on Friday it looks like it's running out of steam so I bailed with a nice profit.

For this week I have picked two pairs that seem to have potential.

#1: GBPCHF.
This pair is ranging and has reached the top of the range.
The last candle is a rejection candle on it's own, however I do expect some more testing of the resistance so I might be able to get in for a better price.

150620 - GBPCHF.jpg

#2: USDJPY.
This pair is showing signs of weakness like TFG explained in the weekly video.
As the last candle is kind of a small candle and there is some mysterious resistance below I am extra cautious. I am looking for a London (yes) breakout or a NY breakout to bring me down to the resistance below.
If it attacks that line I prefer to be in a trade just in case it breaks.

150620 - USDJPY.jpg

I am slightly favoring the GBPCHF, mainly because the USDJPY faces a strong resistance that may turn into support. However, the weekly on the USDJPY looks bearish.

My plan:
I wait for London open, GBPCHF; watch if it retraces, if so, I hop on at a good price and enjoy the ride down.
At the same time I watch USDJPY closely and see how the market digests the outcome of the BOJ report just before London open.

Suggestions/ideas?

UPDATE:
None of the above trades were taken; both setups opened with a gap.
GBPCHF was quite unstable during the day and no real good signal came along.
USDJPY the same; unstable and no good signal.

Tomorrow is another day.

Last edited:

RF1508

Still not too much going on for me.
In Holland temperatures went through the roof so at 37 degrees celsius I am not that active as we are not used to these temperatures.

I have a few (cross) pairs on my watchlist; NZD, AUD and CAD vs GBP, USD or JPY.
As the NZD, AUD and CAD are all trending right now for me these are the right trades.

Already in NZDUSD and I will be adding some to my position if the right signal pops up.
Took my entry on July 1st off the H4 chart with a rejection of previous resistance.
It's a slow mover so far but it suits my paste of living in the summer.

150705 - NZDUSDa.jpg

Happy trading!

RF1508

Holiday time over here.

With the euro jumping all over the place and painting funny charts I decided to lay low for a while.
I couldn't resist to take a couple of trades however.

I'm in on the EURGBP and still bearish after 1040pts down.
Moved my SL so I will have some profit if the decides to go against me.
I expect a retrace on Monday, if so, I will try to add to my position if the right opportunity comes along.

150718 - EURGBPDaily.png

Cheers and happy trading.

RF1508

Ready to slowly start trading again.
Been on holiday twice this summer so life is treating me good.

Couldn't resist just to peek if there are some nice trades to be expected this week but I don't expect too much as markets are still in holiday mode.
There are two setups I am interested in:

USDCAD;
It painted an inside day right above this resistance.
As price didn't move up I think the setup is still valid and were getting a good price.

When the London session opens I (after reviewing asian price actions) will take a long with a SL just below the last red candle.

150816 - USDCAD.png

Any comments or feedback?

Next; I have my eye on the GBPUSD.
This pair screams to be traded short however I do see some (small) issues.

150816 - EURGBP.png

The last bearish candle is just a few pips away from a monthly resistance.
Nevertheless I will try entering it at about 50% retrace.
Comments or feedback?

Robbert