MT5 Fib Extension

Crackinwise

Forum Newbie
Is there any way to get a Fib Extension tool on MT5? The platform comes with a Fib Expansion tool but Id like to set targets on Harmonic patterns and the Expansion tool does not accomplish this as far as I can see. Thanks

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
I've never used Fib Expansion but if it's anything like the Fib Tool, just put in negative number to place the line in the other direction.

Maybe explain a bit more of what you are trying to achieve, it may be possible with the Fib Tool

Crackinwise

Forum Newbie
When measuring harmonic patterns you use the Fib retracement to get you X to A and A to B moves ect.. Some of the retracements require the use of Fibonacci Extensions but MT5 does not have an Extension tool..... It has Fib Expansion and Im sure that is not the same.... So really Id like to downlaod a Fib Extension tool ( If there is one for MT5).. But I was wondering if the Expansion tool could be modified or if there is some other way to do Fib Extensions on MT5.

The terms are so close in name it can be confusing to explain so I hope I didnt do that :)

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Again, I'm not understanding what you want, can you make a picture or website where you are actually seeing these levels?

Here is how you can make the Fibonacci Tool draw levels both above and below the measured range, as shown.

The Expansion Tool could do the same, so please tell, what are the targets on Harmonic patterns that you desire?

Here is a stock standard application of the Fib Expansion Tool, as you said, it gives the C to D projection using the range A to B.

If you can do a chart showing the range that you want measure, and where you want the lines projected to, extend or retrace, very simple.

2020-09-12_7-59-14.jpg2020-09-12_8-16-48.jpg