Inside Bar Indicator

phillippf

Forum Newbie
Goo Day All;
I am not sure if this has been discussed anywhere yet but I have noticed a few times now that DNB marks the wick or spine of the inside bar candles with a different color than the candle itself. Is this a custom indicator or something that is available to us all? It seems to be a neat way to make those inside bars pop out especially when you go through a dozen charts.

Thanks keep up the great work everybody I can really see this community coming alive, cheers.

Phil

fjasonf

Forum Newbie
Hey Leonardo,

Thanks for the IB indicator! Do you happen to have any other indicators on PA candles like rejection bar, outside bars, etc.?

Thanks,

Jason

leonardo

Casual Member
Hi fjasonf,

Yes they do exist, but I personally don't use them. I think they mess up too much the chart and you don't acquire an "eagle eye", which is a must in reading a chart and understanding the possibilities you are facing. IB indy is an exception to this rule imho, as inside candles are "harder" to locate at a first sight, and it's especially useful when you see a bunch of them all together, pointing out a phase of consolidation.

If anyhow you would find them handy, jsut look around the web, you'll find plenty of those.
Lemme know if you have any questions about it,

Best,
Leonardo

fjasonf

Forum Newbie
Hey Leonardo,

Thanks for your insight. I didn't really think about it that way. I'll try and keep my charts as clean as possible.

Thanks,

Jason

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
fjasonf said:
Hey Leonardo,

Thanks for the IB indicator! Do you happen to have any other indicators on PA candles like rejection bar, outside bars, etc.?

Thanks,

Jason

Try this on MT4 for Pinbars, also does IB

;)

Attachments

• indicators.rar
    10.8 KB · Views: 157

priceaction001

Forum Newbie
You guys are really computer savvy! I am trying to get the Inside bar highlighted on my MT4 and I still have no Idea how to accomplish that.

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
you need to place the file in your /experts/indicators folder, inside where your MT4 is installed. Mt4 is generally loacted in your program files folder.

laowongbl

Casual Member
Hi,

After download and copy to the Program Files (x86)\metatrader4\experts\indicators\
The IB indicator doesn't work, only the pinbar indicator are working.
Can advise ?

leonardo said:
Hey Phil,

You can find it attached here ;)

Best,
Leonardo

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
I am not sure how to help you laowongbl, it works for everyone else and it sounds like you're installing it properly.

There are a few out there, google inside bar indicator and try some of the other ones out there. They might work for you.

laowongbl

Casual Member
Hi ,

I managed to see the indicator by changing the setting on the the chart.

TheForexGuy said:
I am not sure how to help you laowongbl, it works for everyone else and it sounds like you're installing it properly.

There are a few out there, google inside bar indicator and try some of the other ones out there. They might work for you.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 157

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Hey everyone, found this indicator to compliment TFG Inside Bar indicator.

It will shade future bars as well until the zone is broken

Best shown on the chart below GBP-CHF

You can see TFG indicator in Yellow

May the pips be with you, John28-07-2015 6-41-25 AM.png

Attachments

• InsideBar[1].ex4
    6.7 KB · Views: 27
  • InsideBar[1].mq4
    4.7 KB · Views: 39

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
@ Dale, you are a bit of a coder, how hard to make the indicator in previous post show Inside Days in reverse?

By that I mean, an Engulfing Bar is just and Inside Day but on other side right?

See this chart, the gray area is by the IB indicator, I manually added the violet to show where I would like it to plot the Engulfing Bars

Is it possible? Can you read / edit the code of those files?

Thanks, John

2-09-2015 11-03-53 AM.png

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
It depends what your criteria is exactly for an engulfing candle.

Are you using the PA Battle Station Indicator tool I made? I can easily program Outside Candles into that.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Criteria, same as Inside Day but reverse - Must have a higher higher and lower low, easy version

No, not using PABS, some colors didn't show, and when changed, didn't stay changed, sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
bearish / bullish engulfing candlestick signal is different with outside bar
outside bar is where the bar's high and low is between the previous bar high and low.

whilst bearish/bullish engulfing candle is a candle open and close wrap around the previous candle open and close

a bearish/bullish engulfing candle not always also an outside bar (open and close wrap around the previous candle open and close, but not the high and the low)

an outside bar is also not always also an engulfing candle (high and low between the previous high and low, but not the open and the close)

a bearish/bullish engulfing candle can also both at the same time signal an outside, thus I consider this as a more powerful signal.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
bearish / bullish engulfing candlestick signal is different with outside bar

outside bar is where the bar's high and low is between the previous bar high and low.

whilst bearish/bullish engulfing candle is a candle open and close wrap around the previous candle open and close

a bearish/bullish engulfing candle not always also an outside bar (open and close wrap around the previous candle open and close, but not the high and the low)

an outside bar is also not always also an engulfing candle (high and low between the previous high and low, but not the open and the close)

a bearish/bullish engulfing candle can also both at the same time signal an outside, thus I consider this as a more powerful signal.

WHOA, that's way too complicated for me, especially the first line where you say the candle is outside if the high & low are INSIDE the previous bar???

Need a picture for that one please, or you need to edit your statement

Here is the best I have seen it described http://tradingwithpriceaction.com/engulfing-bar-trade-setup/

And in TFG Price Action course too.

I'm not getting carried away with open & close; I prefer HIGH & LOW = Engulfing, simple

And how it fits in the trend / price action

Take AUDCAD monthly candle, I see it as Bearish Engulfing, high to low, it covers last 4 months price action

But Open to Close, no cover last month, but, could you take a sell trade???8-09-2015 2-30-18 PM.png

Heck YEAH !!!!