As per the AUDNZD thread, saw 4H rejection, breakout of low entry
:)

Attachments

• 19-08-2013 16-35-33.png
    19-08-2013 16-35-33.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 633

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Any comments on this? Almost a Power Candle? Seems it is turn around at the 50% of latest swing, could not go higher, Friday, end of August doldrums...

Attachments

• 30-08-2013 18-59-25.png
    30-08-2013 18-59-25.png
    33 KB · Views: 481

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
I mentioned this in the forum last night, sell at 1.90, target 1.89 then 1.88

I am already short at 1.91, must move my stops in a bit

These are based on TREND that I read on the Weekly chart & Daily

Attachments

• 17-10-2013 5-36-22 AM.png
    17-10-2013 5-36-22 AM.png
    56 KB · Views: 373

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Got taken out on these 3 last night, was moving the TP down, but had Carpal Tunnel operation yesterday and didn't get to charts or I may have put it lower again, O well, look for reentry
;)

Attachments

• 5-09-2014 7-08-50 AM.png
    5-09-2014 7-08-50 AM.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 131

exterior

Forum Newbie
Can you explain to me, why you entered the first and the second trade? I can't see any significant setup there.
And where did you set your SL on the first trade?

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
exterior said:
Can you explain to me, why you entered the first and the second trade? I can't see any significant setup there.
And where did you set your SL on the first trade?

Sorry, can't give exact answers, do you really need a setup when you have the direction correct?

Sometimes you just trade it, give it room to move and it works.

I think the original stop was 2 x ADR so probably above that swing high, I use 2% risk and calculate position size.

When I entered the others, the first was in profit or had been negative and then moving down, this was during a period when I had entered many other trades on other pairs.

Some were stopped out, some had hit profit targets; I was able to move these TP daily while in profit, then I got busy with work and was unable to enter other trades.

Over the month, you can see the results for yourself, so they are right when they say let them run!

Attachments

• 6-09-2014 8-04-26 AM.png
    6-09-2014 8-04-26 AM.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 114

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Not my chart, someone else's take on horizontal lines = :rolleyes:

Attachments

• usdx.png
    usdx.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 69

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
it's a funny comment, on the top of the chart, lolz....
all the resistance was broken without any PA signal printed.... so no way to trade countertrend here

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
it's a funny comment, on the top of the chart, lolz....
all the resistance was broken without any PA signal printed.... so no way to trade countertrend here

Yes, no counter trend entries but I think the point was being made is that there are no retracements at the perceived resistance levels, therefore no chance of the standard retracement entry trade either!

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Here are my current open DEMO trades - soon to be real :)

I'll have to do position sizing

How about that EUR-NZD ? Already did the average weekly range of 300 and now at 550 pips

Ask me how I did it :D8-01-2015 6-37-25 PM.png

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
not sure what strategy are you using here, especially the short position on EURNZD looks like purely breakout strategy, it's out of TFG strategy.
Mind if you share?

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Ah, you got it in one - yes breakout box style, something like Darvas made $2,000,000 with 8-01-2015 9-24-49 PM.png :cool:

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
the first box quite easy to see, it's about 20 hours of consolidation / ranging ....
the second box has wider range not sure why it considered as a good box to trade .... seems you are using an indicator

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
the first box quite easy to see, it's about 20 hours of consolidation / ranging ....
the second box has wider range not sure why it considered as a good box to trade .... seems you are using an indicator

Yes, it is good box because with the major trend, yes, an indicator

I'm try to PM you, do we have that here, or I get ban for mention name of indicator?

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Oh yeah, nearly forgot, the indicator is PZ (Point Zero) Day Trading - it forms a box around price when is consolidates, a bit like Darvas box if you ever read that book?

Anyway, I don't just trade any signal, I might filter the 4H by looking to see what the last Daily signal box was; as well as look for relevant PA.

For instance here we can see that the failed long signal highlights the retracement needed for a short entry; part of that is a trend line break.

So the indicator helps by making me analyse current PA, as well as giving an entry price e.g. Close of last candle break the box

Hope that helps some, John12-01-2015 5-48-28 PM.png

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Monday Madness perhaps - just something I saw, price gapped down, rise in Asia session, where to now?26-01-2015 6-39-52 PM.png