Divergence Trading

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hi everyone,

I thought it might be best to keep divergence separate to the box method so not to confuse the strategies. The box method I still believe is best traded on the 8hr charts where I prefer the divergence trading off the 4hr charts. Check back at a later date and I will update this thread.

Joffie

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Two trades I have on my watch list, usdcad hidden divergence and I've set a buy limit order and NZDJPY waiting for a reason to buy from standard divergence.

Attachments

• IMG_5350.PNG
    IMG_5350.PNG
    81.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5351.PNG
    IMG_5351.PNG
    79.3 KB · Views: 49

stevko

TFG Forum Junkie
hi Joffie - can you post us a good link explaining what is it about with "hidden" and "standard" divergence - and what´s the whole thing about it? Or can you explain it in a few words? tnx

Gialli

Forum Newbie
Two trades I have on my watch list, usdcad hidden divergence and I've set a buy limit order and NZDJPY waiting for a reason to buy from standard divergence.
Hi Joffie, what do you mean with "waiting for a reason to buy"? A price action signal?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie

Now break even on both trades, audjpy and audcad also headed up nicely but was maxed out on these two trades.

Gbpnzd next one on radar

Attachments

• IMG_5357.PNG
    IMG_5357.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 37

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Now break even on both trades, audjpy and audcad also headed up nicely but was maxed out on these two trades.

Gbpnzd next one on radar

So usdcad was a great first trade of the week hitting full target recent high. Now it may appear we are getting hidden divergence will be watching that one. NZDJPY stopped out at break even though. Gbpnzd has triggered a buy targeting previous swing high.

Attachments

• IMG_5358.PNG
    IMG_5358.PNG
    74.5 KB · Views: 37

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I've been playing about this week on demo ways to exit trades to get max profits. Also using the same method to enter trades with the trend which work well. I've used Delmartin method in the chat room for trend entries, so that praise goes to him not me. When I'm happy with the method I will post it here, it's on the 4hr charts still and using the divergence is very much the same just an extra confirmation to enter and new exit method

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Ok here are some trades from last week using what I have come up with trading divergence, I have a set exit of x3 target or a opposite close of the 8ema to exit a trade, you will see this on the AUDJPY buy trade. The 50ema on the 4hr chart shows where the daily is in regards to the daily 8ema. All trades except the NZDJPY where based off divergence entry as the NZDJPY was a fake break entry.

Attachments

• AUDJPYH4.png
    AUDJPYH4.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 79
  • AUDNZDH4.png
    AUDNZDH4.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 71
  • EURGBPH4.png
    EURGBPH4.png
    37 KB · Views: 71
  • EURNZDH4.png
    EURNZDH4.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 62
  • NZDJPYH4.png
    NZDJPYH4.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 64
  • USDSGDH4.png
    USDSGDH4.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 63

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
watching USDCHF, as from attached chart you will see price just made a fake break of the box to the downside there was also hidden bullish divergence, now waiting to see how price moves from here, watching for a close back above the broken support level and 8ema, to look to buy

Attachments

• USDCHFH4.png
    USDCHFH4.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 54

Moshento

Forum Newbie
Hello Jofie,

You stopped using the Stoch and MACD??? Can you also please explain how divergense is telling you which way price is going. I apologize for the many questions but i cant figure out. we see divergence between the chart and the MACD and SToch slopes. How tell f price is continuing trend or reversing? or you are just using this for reversal trades?

Moshento

Forum Newbie
oh and what is the new oscillator u are now using instead of MACD and Stoch? Can you please prepare a new template to download for divergence trading?

fxsean

Casual Member
Your indicator is definitely showing the divergence sooner than the Std MACD and Stochastic.
Any chance you could download it to here?

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Pretty sure that is the Accelerator / Decelerator Oscillator found in Metatrader Indicators, try it and see, joffie can confirm please

2017-03-17_9-07-46.png

vasileios

Hello Joffie ,
how are you,your absent from chat is obvious,especially for me ,because our methods are 90% the same.
Of course your experience is more than mine,additional your sense about the market is amazing.
I would like to tell you that my confidence increases when we are in touch.
I would be grateful if you accept me as a friend on Skype.
My Skype name is vasilis.nouskalis.

Thank you in advance

Vasilis Nouskalis