CSM = Currency Strength Meter

Wicko

Forum Newbie
Hi Erebus .... sorry for this dumb newby question mate but van you say how to load these Giraria csm files into mt4 .... the MQL4 souce file goes .......... and the EX4 file goes ......... ? cheers mate ......ps. am digging all your freindly advice....... thanks heaps

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Hi Erebus .... sorry for this dumb newby question mate but van you say how to load these Giraria csm files into mt4 .... the MQL4 souce file goes .......... and the EX4 file goes ......... ? cheers mate ......ps. am digging all your freindly advice....... thanks heaps

Same place yes, and when in Navigator panel on the left of Metatrader, ri8ght click on the Indicators folder and click REFRESH

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Monday 1 - May - 2017

Europe banks closed, New York not open yet, so may be results are skewed

Clicked on GBP to highlight those cross pairs, what do you think?

2017-05-01_20-28-47.png

Matej

Casual Member
Hi Erebus, are these your open trades? What kind report is this ..excel or some trade program? Looks amazing :)

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
that's the Trade Report by a famous coder on Steve Hopwood forum = Rene

try it, you will like it, just run it on a blank chart by itself

Attachments

• TradeReport.ex4
    80 KB · Views: 19

Matej

Casual Member
hahaha :)
Thanks I'll try it . "run it on a blank chart by itself" ..in which program? excel?

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Much discussion about Strength Meters in the chat room, so time to update what I'm using, which currently a combination of three - 3.

Two -2 - are Indicators, FREE, on Forex Factory ( or FF from now on ) already posted the old standby Giraia on here. The other one is constantly being updated and improved so I will not post it here; go there and follow this thread if you are interested.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=635569

You are looking for posts about Currency Momentum Strength Meter Vxx.xx by grandaevus

Looks like this, this is 3 of the same with different settings to filter stronger pairs, more to follow if you ask question, lots more

2018-03-16_9-03-13.png

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
The other tool I use is called FX Power which is a PAID indicator (not to me)

Find it here in MQL5 Store or from Market tab in Metatrader 4 (hopefully people know this by now)

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/15422

It looks like this and gives same reading as above indicator, AUD strong, USD weak

With the line, you can see back when they are moving up or down, crossing other lines.

It runs in the lower window which I open up nearly all the way, see the chart data above.

But it has settings for each time frame and more! This is Daily, see the arrow pointing

2018-03-16_9-05-14.png

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
bugger the short term, looking at Weekly strength to swing trade 4 Hours charts

see the crossover points, NZDUSD is the star this week for strong vs weak

2018-04-20_12-11-54.png

Jonathan W

Casual Member
Hi Erebus... I found the Grandaevus CMSM on ff but not sure how to load onto MT5 .... can you help please ?

ex4.gif
###CMSMIndV14.01.ex4 67 | 1,319 download
ex5.gif
###CMSMIndV14.01.ex5 105 | 499 downloads