Inside Day Indicator

bull375

Re: DnB Chart Info + Breakout Alert tool

Hi Dale,
I am having a slight problem with the dnb chart info breakout tool. Does the indicator draw orange vertical lines for Inside days candles? If so, it does not show vertical orange lines for inside days candles.
I loaded it on hotforex and alpari mt4 platforms and it does not show the orange vertical lines for Inside days candles.

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Here is the indicator I use to mark the inside days on my chart.

It needs to go inside your indicators folder of your metatrader directory. Most of the time that's /experts/indicators/ but with a recent update of mt4 it made need to go into /mq4/indicators/ folder.

After you put the file in the appropriate folder make sure you restart your mt4.

Attachments

• in&out.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 231

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
The one attached to this thread is the one that I use. You can change the color of the line inside the indicator properties.

B

bjank22

Mt4 Axitrader, installed in the mql4>indicators folder with default settings. It dos not show up in my charts.

chandrashekar

Forum Newbie
Please check the version of your MT4, if its built 600 or above then Open your MT4 terminal, click File>Open Data Folder this is where you need to place your Indicators EAs and scripts, in this folder structure inside MQL4\Indicators MQL4\Experts and MQL4\Scripts

bjank22 said:
Mt4 Axitrader, installed in the mql4>indicators folder with default settings. It dos not show up in my charts.

onesecond

Forum Newbie
Hi All,
Dale,
I've downloaded this indicator - but it 'doesn't work' as it supposed to - he is showing some lines on random locations
Maybe it needs to be updated to work properly on new built of MT4 ?

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
It is an old indicator and probably needs updating.

Sometimes it does what you described, I just flick from one time frame and click back to the daily and it fixes the issue.

There will be plenty of other inside bar indicators out there if it's not working for you.

timwr

Forum Newbie
Dale, I've installed this indicator however it only shows the different colour on the wicks of an inside day candle, it won't show the coloured line going thru the body of the candle. Any suggestions?

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
The default color is blue. Did you try change the color.

Also in the chart properties (press F8 on the chart) - try turn off 'chart of foreground'.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Dale,

I noticed this strange behaviour for a week or so, the candles black outline gets real dark but returns to normal, like it is flashing

I thought a graphics problems or Windows display issue

I was rebuilding a chart and I noticed this only when the Inside Day indicator was on my charts

Any idea what might cause that? In the code of indicator I mean?

Anyone else notice anything similar?

22-04-2015 3-57-10 PM.png

Thanks, John

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
I am not following what you're saying there. The candle outline gets thicker? Could you point out the example I can't see it on the chart there.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
23-04-2015 10-17-31 AM.png
I mean the black outline of the candle, surrounding the red & blue colors, and the wicks too. Doesn't seem to be doing it today, maybe it was just a laptop processor problem, just overworking the charts!

See if you can see the difference with this chart, thanks, John

Attachments

• 23-04-2015 10-14-14 AM.png
    23-04-2015 10-14-14 AM.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 12

hafizhanif84

TFG Forum Junkie
I dont have that problem and cant spot the difference..maybe u should close the chart window and add new one..see how it goes..

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Yeah, I start over with the charts I think

Here is screen shot of the 2 charts posted above, sure you can't see the outline is darker ???

Be sure to click to enlarge them

23-04-2015 9-15-19 PM.png