Hello from the Great White North!

Mercedes67

Forum Newbie
I'm from the Toronto area in Canada and have just taken the plunge to join The Forex Guy community of traders. I've been dabbling in a number of ways to trade forex over the past years and with a full time job I always reverted to using automated trading EAs or a Managed Account, (I think I did this so I would never take true responsibility for the trades, and I always found that I was too busy to trade with my full time job). I've tried trading the London open but that got a little tiring getting up at 3:00am everyday. I've tried scalping only to lose. I've pretty much tried every type of indicator and EA out there, jumping from one to another hoping for the Holy Grail.

Things changed last year when I had a heart attack. This has left me looking at life with a whole new perspective. I purposely don't put myself in stressful situations and if I find I am getting stressed I can quickly feel it and I've learned to deal with it (and again put things in perspective).

After all the years of staring at charts and learning indicators and looking for a less stressful way of trading I thought about looking at end of day trading again. I always shied away from this style as I figured I'd have to risk too many pips or lots. I did a google search and discovered The Forex Guy. I've been getting periodic emails from The Forex Guy and they really started to make sense to me. And this time I'm going to learn to trade for myself and not rely on other EA systems or Managed Accounts that promise huge profits in a short period of time, only to lose my account in short order. I will take my time and advice from this community and the Forex Guy, and over time I hope to be able to contribute myself in a meaningful way. I'd also like to turn this hobby into a slow but profitable and enjoyable venture. Now, off to to take the course a few times!

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Hi Mercedes,

Sorry to hear about the heart attack, definitely stay away from scalping now :p

We have a lot of fun here, you will enjoy it and learn everything you need to know about making money on the Forex market :)