Hello good people!

Plata

Casual Member
Hi there!

I am Sven from Berlin, originally from Germany, employed in Belgium, but currently on a rather long professional trip in Los Angeles.

I am rather new to forex trading. I've been at it for about a year and I am "mildly" successful, meaning that I have a tiny but positive record up until now. For me, trading is an activity that I do next to my day job (which I love and would never substitute for something else). This is also why I am so very thankful for Dale's commitment, his educational effort, and his "after day" trading concept. I couldn't indulge in it otherwise.

So, here I am, ready to ask those questions that will reveal my naiveté. I hope you will not mind.

I am looking forward to this experience with you guys.

Plata

Casual Member
After a few days in the war room, I am stoked to report my first three successful trades. I jumped long into a couple of XXX-JPY pairs, specifically, USDJPY, AUDJPY, and EURJPY.

I entered USDJPY after a 50% retracement, which was nearly stopped out shortly after. But the pair nicely rebounded and a little later today ran into my 1:4 target.

20171020-USDJPY-D1.png

I entered into AUDJPY after the breakout from the bearish flag (and a signal in H1, I think). However, I got the jitters earlier today and closed the trade when my chart looked as follows. That may have been premature, because since then the pair has rebounded and I feel a bit cheated by my own impatience.

20171020-AUFJPY-D1.png

Finally, there is the EURJPY, which I also entered after retracement. This one looks to me as if it still had a bit of strength left and so I removed the profit target, but adjusted the stop loss. I'll let it run and see where it leads me.

20171020-EURJPY-D1.png

So, why do I write this? It's simple really. I just want to thank you for these first 7 days. Thank you all for you insightful comments and educational efforts -- in the forum as well as in the chat. I really appreciate the expertise and the supportive tenor and hope to contribute myself in the future in a similarly sophisticated fashion.

P.S.: For the sake of honesty, I also entered a couple of other trades that did not develop as I thought and so I closed them all, more or less at a cumulated 0 profit/loss.