Brokers

gransforex

Forum Newbie
This topic has been discussed many times in many forums but I'm still searching for the perfect broker. Clearly, they must have a good reputation that's hopefully backed up by some good reviews. A 5 day candle week is an absolute must, as well. I also like to trade oil (US & UK) and some indexes (Dow, S&P). Is there such a broker out there?

Currently I use ATC and they seem great but no indexes are available to trade. I checked out GoMarkets but for whatever reason the candles on their charts are different than mine on ATC. Timezone?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
HI Grans,

The broker subject is a flogged subject.

I stand by Alpari Uk, they have the 5 Day New York Candles, regulated by the FSA, located in London and have the indexes both Oil markets and the commodities. It's my broker and has been for the last 5 years.

I never have any issues withdrawing money.

I've heard all the broker horror stories, trades getting stopped out for no reason, weird price spikes etc. I have never experienced anything like this with Alpari UK. Just remember there is Alpari Uk and Alpari US, I am only vouching for Alpari UK

http://www.alpari.co.uk/

agent007

Forum Newbie
I can echo TFG's advice regarding Alpari UK. I have held an account with them for 3 years and have never had any problems at all. Solid broker in my opinion.

For my longer term trading (off weekly charts) I use OANDA because I can trade in nano-lots which allows me to easily trade with 500+ stop losses. I've never had any problem with OANDA either, but I don't rate their FX-Tade platform for charting (I only use MT4 charts)

I can't say I'm enamoured with FX-Pro. I've held an account with them for 3 years, but too often (for my liking) they spike price up or down (which I don't see when comparing to the same chart in Alpari) so I have to say I would not trade a large account with them.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

lingsbord

Casual Member
Alpari UK are absolutely fine. Trade with confidence there.

On the more institutional side I recommend Velocity Trade's London Office and CFH Markets, also based in London

sergiel

Forum Newbie
Anyone have any experience with HotForex? They seem to have a fairly good review on ForexPeaceArmy.

Thanks
Serge

warsurfer

Forum Newbie
I'm using Hotforex. Have been using it for 7 months now.
Pretty good.
Customer service is good too.

sergiel said:
Anyone have any experience with HotForex? They seem to have a fairly good review on ForexPeaceArmy.

Thanks
Serge

priceaction001

Forum Newbie
Axitrader USA sounds and looks great, on demo at least. They have just established themselves here in the U.S. I noticed it has a large foundation in Australia. Anyone from Australia have any experience with Axitrader?

tjenarvi

TFG Forum Junkie
TFG, are you sure your website is not hacked?
Check your database.
Who are these guys, only 1 message so far in this forum.

mirasho

Forum Newbie
Hello All,

Go markets UK as well as AU firms not accepting Canadian client. Right now I am thinking for Oanda. Any other suggestion for broker for Canadian people, let me know.

stevko

TFG Forum Junkie
Hello guys, has anyone of you experience with European brokers other than GoMarkets? (Alpari is history, isn´t it?)

how about

wh-selfinvest.de
gkfx.com

ig.com (no ecn)
activetrades.com
ayondo.com

what are your key-points when deciding?
as a newbie i feel saver with the idea to be able to choose a guaranteed stop loss, which would only be possible with a market maker. Has anyone made experience with this?

What are you experiences with slippage in extreme situations (e.g. snb or fed) whis ECN-brokers.

(TFG, thanks for your reply in the other thread)