Virtual Private Server

Keltrem

Casual Member
Has one had experience with a VPS?

What hardware specs do you use? RAM, CPU, Windows version? etc

Have any issues arisen that should be noted?

Use via a tablet (ipad) or small screen laptop? I would be using Mac to access.

Thanks,
Keltrem

Keltrem

Casual Member
To answer my own question for those that may be interested.

Have used a VPS for past week. 2gb Ram, 2 cpus, windows 2016, single implemenation of MT4 plus memory intensive EA.

Performance very good, easy to set up, transfer files etc. I access vps from mac desktop, laptop and have tried ipad, all easy to use via microsft remote access app.

No performance issues although supplier had an emergency upgrade at midnight one night and needed to restart server. Killed my EA and I would have lost money instead of making a profit if I had been using live account fortunately I am still trialing demo account.

mang_ncep

Forum Newbie
I think there is no need specific hardware for using VPS. A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. We used it to Protect our trades with fast, reliable execution. Make sure using VPS that offer by your broker, because it will be more suitable. I am using VPS that offer by my broker (FXB Trading).

rakhi

Casual Member
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system (OS), and customers may have superuser-level access to that operating system instance.