The Forex Guy's Candle Painter for MT4

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
candle painter.jpg

Hey guys,

I've been busy in the science lab again cooking up another crazy invention of mine :)

Download: Go here to download

Sign up with your email and I will send you new versions when the code is updated.

I've basically made an indicator which will paint candles a color theme depending on the market conditions.

There are 3 themes: Bullish, Bearish & Neutral. You have the option to change the default colors to your liking. I've come up with a color theme which I think looks good to start off with.

One goal here is to help newer price action traders with their chart reading skills. It's also a nice change for me as I was sick of staring at the same old plain charts. Sometimes you just need to switch things up for mental stimulation.

The indicator will also feature an Inside day marker, and the breakout trap alert system. So you can remove the old DnB tool from your charts. I am trying to go for an all in one stop shop thing here.

Installation

Step 1:
  • Go through each of your charts and Press CTRL+I.
  • Remove the inside day indicator
  • Remove old DnB Chart tool.

Step 2:
  • Click File->Open Data Folder
  • A folder will pop up. From here navigate to MQL4->Indicators
  • Place the Indicator file here (make sure you extract the indicator from the zip file)
  • Close MT4, then reopen it.

Step 3:

• Go to your Mt4 Navigator, which is the window you select indicators from. If you can't see it try pressing CTRL+N
  • Expand the Indicator tab so you can see all available indicators
  • Double click on TheForexGuyCandlePainter to load it onto the chart
  • Press F8, then go to the common tab. Untick 'chart on foreground'
  • If you can't see the indicator there, you didn't install it in the correct directory, or you did not restart MT4 < - Go back to Step2

Settings

indicator settings.jpg

show_inside_candles

This will turn inside candle marking on/off

show_only_body

This will determine whether the indicator paints the wicks or not. I personally don't like the wicks painted, but you can turn it on/off to your liking.

sensitivity

This number will directly effect all the variables, and algorithms that determine whether conditions are bullish, or bearish.

A higher number will make the indicator want stronger data and signals to start painting candles a bullish or bearish theme. A weaker number will make the indicator switch from bullish to bearish much easier.

By default it is tuned for the daily chart. I did check the lower time frames, it looks good to me, but some traders may want to lower sensitivity for the really low time frames.

show_chart_data

This will turn on/off the chart data from the old dnb tool. The candle countdown, spread and tick value for lot size calculations.

breakout_trap_alert

Switch this off if you don't want to be alerted about pending breakout trap & reverse trades.

breakout_trap_trigger_level

This number is a percentage of the previous candles range. The default is 0.9 = 90%. So if a breakout trap occurs, then price breaks the 90% level of the previous candle range, you will be alerted to a pending breakout trap.
  • Changing the value to 1 will alert you to breakout trap trades when they happen.
  • Changing the value to 0.8 will alert you when the 80% range is broken by price after a breakout trap. This will give you an 'earlier warning'.

ib_marker_clr

This is the color which Inside Candles will be marked in.

The rest of the color options are pretty self explanatory. This is where you can customize the different color themes for bullish, bearish or neutral candles.

Please give me your feedback, thoughts, or report anything that isn't working.

** Update Version 1.4

• Fixed a bug where bearish breakout traps were not triggering alerts
  • Added an option in the input menu to only mark Inside Days on the daily chart (default: true)

mike

Forum Newbie
Looks very promising. But I use MT5. Will it also work on MT5? if not, will there be one for MT5 in the future as well?

rayan0720

Forum Newbie
The indicator is not working with me ( i use MT4 )
i followed all the steps but still no change
could you please help me to fix it

and Thank you so much

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Looks very promising. But I use MT5. Will it also work on MT5? if not, will there be one for MT5 in the future as well?

I don't know MT5 that well, I will have to get it converted. If enough people request it in MT5 I will get it converted.

and Thank you so much

Going to need more information. Describe where the problem is for me.

hafizhanif84

TFG Forum Junkie

and Thank you so much

i think most of us using mt4..my mt4 working great..what error/problem u have there mate?

lasse

Casual Member
Hi Dale, thx for this nice indicator, good idea, I think!
But it doesnt work for me. It loads on the Chart (I see the text labels), but doesnt
draw the actual coloured bars. If I switch to line mode or normal bar mode, the colours appear, but not
in candle stick mode.
Any ideas whats wrong?

ib2k14

Forum Newbie
@lasse, please make sure you have "Foreground Charts" (MT4-Menu: Charts | Foreground Charts) disabled!!!
If this option is enable (ticked), then MT4 draws the candles in front / on-top of the indicator outputs. As a result, the indicator seems "invisible" or not working :)

Hope it helps
Cheers!

ib2k14

Forum Newbie
@TFG: for me, the indicator is working just perfect!
thank you very much for this incredible piece of software ;-)

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Guys please don't leave a vague message like 'it's not working'. Describe the problem to me in more detail on where you run in to trouble so I know how to help you.
  • Can you see the indicator in the list inside MT4?
  • Are you getting an error message?
  • Do you see TheForexGuy printed in the bottom left corner?

Hi Dale, thx for this nice indicator, good idea, I think!
But it doesnt work for me. It loads on the Chart (I see the text labels), but doesnt
draw the actual coloured bars. If I switch to line mode or normal bar mode, the colours appear, but not
in candle stick mode.
Any ideas whats wrong?

This is definitely because you have 'charts on foreground' selected. Press F8, then go to the common tab. Untick 'chart on foreground'

andrei

Forum Newbie
Hi Dale,

Nice indicator. However just for my own understanding - what determines bullish, bearish or neutral theme?

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Mostly the angle of the mean value. Some other price action factors which I programmed in. I am going to keep all the finer details to myself because I don't want people replicating it, which I fear there is a black sheep running around in here. Tin foil hat is on :)

G

gabriel0352

Thanks for all of your hard work Dale, I've tried many courses, so called "professionals" but it just got way too complicated, the candlestick tool is a great addition to any traders arsenal, much appreciated!