Scripts for Opening Trades

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Steve Hopwood has created a buy and sell market order scripts that allow you to easily customize a few additional things to your manual market order, in addition to the convenience of easily dragging the script across to your chart window to execute the market order:
  • Set lot size
  • Set stop loss and take profit, as either price or pips
  • Set magic number
  • Set comment

Attachments

• Market_short_by_Steve.mq4
    1.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Market_long_by_Steve.mq4
    1.8 KB · Views: 18

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
I just checked the code and I don't understand what the benefit of this script is.

You still have to do all your lot size calculation yourself, input stop price, target price and so on. So there is nothing different from opening a normal buy or sell order in MT4 yourself

The only 'extra' this has is to quickly set your profit target a certain amount of pips away.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
I guess if you know how, pre-set your parameters in the code; have different settings for different situations or pairs.

Then you can just drag, drop and click OK

Maybe more for scalpers

Girish

Forum Newbie
Steve Hopwood has created a buy and sell market order scripts that allow you to easily customize a few additional things to your manual market order, in addition to the convenience of easily dragging the script across to your chart window to execute the market order:
  • Set lot size
  • Set stop loss and take profit, as either price or pips
  • Set magic number
  • Set comment
how to install