Pin Bar Detector for MT4

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
24-07-2015 1-06-30 PM.png
Here is an excellent indicator to spot the Pin Bars on MT4

Best used on at least 4 H charts, preferably Daily, utmost patience is required but the payoff can be enormous especially if you are able to add on trades.

This has settings that allow it to be seen as Walter Peters rules for a Kangaroo Tail

I'll let you Google him or Naked Forex if you don't know what I'm talking about

Good luck to all, John

http://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-indicators/Pinbar-Detector

http://www.earnforex.com/forex-strategy/pinbar-trading-system

Attachments

• PinbarDetector.mq4
    10 KB · Views: 146

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Anyone spot any Pin Bars yet?

Although they are best at the extreme high or low of a market, they can be spotted in the middle of a trend

Pure Price Action - no fibo-nazis, no support & resistance, no news, no oscillators, no moving averages

See for yourself and be sure to check the charts this weekend

:cool:

24-07-2015 1-44-57 PM.png
24-07-2015 1-48-20 PM.png

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Thanks for the share, I am hoping to make something like this - I actually did make one years ago I have to dig it up and fix it up for the war room.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
I'm still looking for another Dale, not sure about this one, see this chart, I've tried every setting I can think of to make the bottom pin be shown but just can't get it.

I'm thinking the basic part works but the custom settings part of it doesn't work with new MT builds.

25-07-2015 8-41-54 AM.png

jason piazza

Casual Member
good stuff guys. the more I am looking at the examples I think I am reading too much into the moving average and not enough into the pins. do you guys think there should be a priority average>pins? Great read.

amochoc

Forum Newbie
Having trouble installing the Pin Bar Detector on MT4. I have the MQ4 file under indicators but get error as I press "compile" to get the exe4 file.
Anyone 's help and guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Having trouble installing the Pin Bar Detector on MT4. I have the MQ4 file under indicators but get error as I press "compile" to get the exe4 file.
Anyone 's help and guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

I don't understand when / why or how you get to compile? There is no need to open the file in MetaQuotes Editor - is that what you are doing?

Simply Copy & Paste the indicator into the Indicator folder using --->>> File, Open Data Folder, MQL4, Indicators to find the folder (close that)

Then you can either go to Navigator, right click on the Indicator folder and select refresh OR the old way, close MT4 and restart it

I suggest you delete the PinBar file you have in there now, and re-paste again; let us know how you go

RF1508

Hi there,

Was playing with the indicator but unfortunately it misses a lot of pinbars.
The settings just don't seem to locate the good pinbars.

How about you?

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
I've started working on a Rejection Candle detector as promised

rejection candle detector.jpg

It's in the early stages yet, but I've got something coming to life.

I am hoping to put some more filters in there to blank out the obvious bad candles. This is something I've wanted to do for a while.

When I've got something that is worth testing, I will create a new thread for traders who want to try it out.

FXEliminate

Forum Newbie
Hi, thanks for sharing. Can I use this with the battlestation developed by Dale? Or the battlestation is good enough and I dont need this indicator?

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Hi, thanks for sharing. Can I use this with the battlestation developed by Dale? Or the battlestation is good enough and I dont need this indicator?
You will not need to use it with the battle station.

The battle station also has quality control filters built in to eliminate bad signals.