Navigator in seperate window

RF1508

Hi all,

I have pressed a button and now the navigator window in MT4 appears as a separate window aside from the main screen.
Who knows how to get this window back into the main window?

grtz.

Robbert

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Hey, it's WINDOWS

just drag and drop it wherever you want it

Same can be done for the Data, or Market Watch

19-06-2015 12-21-07 PM.png

RF1508

Hey, it's WINDOWS

just drag and drop it wherever you want it

Same can be done for the Data, or Market Watch

View attachment 1775

Yes, this is exactly how it looks like, however I want my navigator windows to be back in line where it "belongs". Nicely nested in the main window and not floating around. It's really annoying.

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
It's not clear, are you able to drag it where you want?

Did you understand the solution?

RF1508

It's not clear, are you able to drag it where you want?

Did you understand the solution?

Yes, I do understand the solution. I am able to drag the windows where ever I want. However, what I do want is that these windows are pinned (locked) to the left side of my screen. Now they are floating and I don't want that.
Previously I had these windows fixed and locked left. I can drag and drop what I want and where I want it but they don't "stick".

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Well, if they are still floating, then you haven't "docked" them

Are you dragging far enough left?

Click on the title bar section, drag them left, the shape should change, and they will dock on the side

Other than that, you got serious problem

Try to undock another windows like the Data as shown in my picture; what happens?

RF1508

Well, if they are still floating, then you haven't "docked" them

Are you dragging far enough left?

Click on the title bar section, drag them left, the shape should change, and they will dock on the side

Other than that, you got serious problem

Try to undock another windows like the Data as shown in my picture; what happens?

I tried to undock the other ones like the "market watch" and this window also doesn't dock back.
Now I got two floating windows. o_O
If I drag it all the way to the left they don't change shape and dock.

I guess I will have to get used to it or re-instal MT4.

Thanks for the effort!

Robbert

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Glad I could be of some help :eek:

I don't know, seems very strange to me, if you can un-dock, it should re-dock

Did you try the top, right side & bottom also?

RF1508

Glad I could be of some help :eek:

I don't know, seems very strange to me, if you can un-dock, it should re-dock

Did you try the top, right side & bottom also?

Yes, I tried just about everything I can imagine.
I guess it has to do with the fact that I run MT4 on a mac using an emulator.
First I'll see if I get used to it and otherwise I do a new install.
(That's easier than windows, I can just keep all my settings) :)

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
I don't think running it though a mac emulator is going to be the issue. I think a re-install is over kill also. You need to learn how to fix this issue because it will happen again.

If you click and drag the floating windows all the way to the far left , as far as the mouse will let you drag it off the screen and let go of the mouse button here, they should re-dock as a sidebar again.

Try move the floating widow to the far left, then from there move it up and down until it gives a signal it wants to lock in.

RF1508

I don't think running it though a mac emulator is going to be the issue. I think a re-install is over kill also. You need to learn how to fix this issue because it will happen again.

If you click and drag the floating windows all the way to the far left , as far as the mouse will let you drag it off the screen and let go of the mouse button here, they should re-dock as a sidebar again.

Try move the floating widow to the far left, then from there move it up and down until it gives a signal it wants to lock in.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I can drag the floating windows way out of the boundaries of my screen until I can't even see them. Usually if you want to dock a floating window it just "clicks" and changes shape. Now it just keeps floating.
I agree that a re-install might be overkill, however it's the only solution I see apart from getting used to it or just keep trying. :confused:

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
;) so, technically speaking, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

that's how Gates would explain Windows :D

There is a folder, where you delete the contents, that resets Metatrader to default

I had to do this a few times after using a second monitor and going back to 1 screen

When the window opened I couldn't see it because it was somewhere else if you know what I mean

I can try to find that information if you haven't already solved problem

Might be handy for later on

RF1508

;) so, technically speaking, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

that's how Gates would explain Windows :D

There is a folder, where you delete the contents, that resets Metatrader to default

I had to do this a few times after using a second monitor and going back to 1 screen

When the window opened I couldn't see it because it was somewhere else if you know what I mean

I can try to find that information if you haven't already solved problem

Might be handy for later on

Today "mysteriously" the market watch pane is docked again.
Guess I'll keep trying and hope I find a solution.

I like Dale's remark, basically saying; if you don't find out and understand what is causing this problem it will haunt you no matter what.

Cheers.