MT4 on chromebook - will it work?

danny

TFG Forum Junkie
i'm thinking of buying a chromebook laptop for trading purposes. can we install mt4 on chromebook?

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
I just a quick research using Google and my first take is : Probably not, and not worth the effort either

You could run an Android app MT but that won't give you any indicators but then maybe enough for TFG style daily chart

Unless there is another compelling reason to go that way, I personally would stick with what I know and am familiar with

But then I'm an old fuddy duddy o_O

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Metatrader aren't exactly quick to make their software compatible. It took them a long time to create a mac OS version, even longer for tablet and mobile apps.

I don't see them rushing to make a google OS version.

Rico

I know this is well past the time of the original post, but i thought i'd chime in for anyone else who might be thinking of a chromebook.

If you really wanted to buy a chromebook, you can always trade by getting a remote desktop app - eg https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1649523?hl=en - and a VPS (virtual private server). While a VPS can be expensive, you can also find ones for less than US$15 a month, even under $10 if you're just going to use one terminal.

That way you could install MT4 on the VPS no problem, and as a bonus you should get an uptime rate of 99% with a decent VPS.