Monitoring Inside Bars automatically

beta_trader

Forum Newbie
Hello everybody !
Last week, we spoke about Inside Bar monitoring with Clint in the chat room. I told him that I will make a MT4 indicator for monitoring the Inside Day Candles on all currencies.
The aim is to alert the user by emails or by popups that a Inside Bar printed on our charts on the D1 and H4 timeframe if needed.

This indicator is fully home-made so you can suggest some improvements I'll do it with pleasure :)
One idea can be the printing of the inside bars only if it occurs on the mean (10 or 20 EMA).
If you're interested in this kind of thing, I can do other indicators on demand (only if it's related to the PA Protocol of Graham of course). I can code this quickly.

Here are the currencies monitored : "EURUSD","EURGBP","EURJPY","EURAUD","EURCAD","EURNZD","GBPUSD","GBPAUD","GBPCHF","GBPNZD","GBPCAD",
"GBPJPY","AUDUSD","AUDNZD","AUDCAD","AUDJPY","AUDCHF","USDJPY","USDCHF","USDCAD","CHFJPY","NZDUSD",
"NZDJPY","NZDCAD","NZDCHF","CADJPY","CADCHF","CHFJPY"
If you need more, tell me I will add it...

There are 4 input values:
- 1 - usePopupAlert = if you want to be alerted by popup (no by default)
- 2 - useEmailAlert = if you want to be alerted by popup (yes by default)
By email, the format is the following :
Inside Bar detected on CADCHF
Timeframe : 24H
Number of Inside bars : 1
On the short Mean (EMA 10) : NO
On the Long Mean (EMA 20) : NO
Date : 2014.09.05-00:00
It tells you the currency, the timeframe, the number of successive Inside Bars (the higher, the better), the proximity of the means and of course the date.
- 3 - emaShortPeriod : the Period for the short Mean (default 10 EMA on D1 and 40 EMA on H4)
- 4 - emaLongPeriod : the Period for the long Mean (default 20 EMA on D1 and 110 EMA on H4)

To use it, you can put the EA on a arbitrary chart (for example EURUSD) and depending on the TimeFrame you took, it will alert on the D1 or H4 TimeFrame.

I forgot : you can test it offline in the Strategy tester but don't forget to put the "usePopupAlert" parameter to "On"

Update : the 1.02 version fixes a little date bug

Have a nice day

Attachments

• Inside Candle Monitor - v1.02.zip
    12 KB · Views: 46

erebus

TFG Forum Legend
Just to confirm, run this on a Daily chart and it will alert any of that list for an Inside Bar

.... or, have to run it on every pair chart ??

Thanks, :?:

beta_trader

Forum Newbie
erebus said:
Just to confirm, run this on a Daily chart and it will alert any of that list for an Inside Bar

.... or, have to run it on every pair chart ??

Thanks, :?:
Yes, it is. You open a single chart and the EA will scan all these pairs to identify the inside bars

TheForexGuy

Forex Mentor
Thanks for your contribution beta_trader.

I am planning to make an indicator which you can attach to your chart to mark certain candlestick patterns like the inside candle, and others like outside candle and rejection candles. It will monitor time frames you select and give you the option to be alerted by SMS, EMAIL, or MT4 alerts. I hope to introduce a new page in the war room which connects to this indicators, and displays alerts from this tool so you can check this page and not have to have the indicator running on your computer watching all pairs.

What do you guys think. Feedback about this idea appreciated.

hafizhanif84

TFG Forum Junkie
Thanks for your contribution beta_trader.

I am planning to make an indicator which you can attach to your chart to mark certain candlestick patterns like the inside candle, and others like outside candle and rejection candles. It will monitor time frames you select and give you the option to be alerted by SMS, EMAIL, or MT4 alerts. I hope to introduce a new page in the war room which connects to this indicators, and displays alerts from this tool so you can check this page and not have to have the indicator running on your computer watching all pairs.

What do you guys think. Feedback about this idea appreciated.

that's great..im waiting for the indicator