Hide Stop Loss

Dirk Groenewald

Forum Newbie
Is it possible not to show your stop loss to your broker to prevent them to tamper with the trade?

Quote:- "Basically a hidden trailing SL acts just like the hard hidden stop loss that the WUKAR EA is design to do. It's feature is to help a trader out of a trade on a retrace without actually having it display for the broker to see where the SL is. That is basically the goal of the original EA to begin with. Put the trade on the trader side by not exposing his hand to the broker. Helps minimize SL hunting by the broker on potential retrace. Hope that makes sense. " Is it true?

vickie

Vickie
Hi Dirk. Personally I don't put much weight in the idea that there are stop hunters out there. However, if you're concerned about it (and I know that a lot of people are and do believe that this happens) - perhaps a slightly larger than normal stoploss would help add some protection. Because if major players were trying to take out stops - they would do it where most people would logically put them.

I should mention that the reason that I don't put much stock in stop hunting as a thing to worry about, is because I have watched Dale trade for a long time with pretty tight stops. I think the more important issue is knowing where to properly get in the trade and where to put your stop. I'm not familiar with the hidden trailing stop that you mentioned above, but it sounds like a good idea to try out. Also, have you seen the basket video Dale posted? That trading plan has a set dollar amount trigger for the whole basket to exit (rather than at a set pip value), so there wouldn't be as much of a worry about getting stop hunted. Just my two cents :)

rakhi

Casual Member
I think It is impossible to Hide Stop Loss but there are many tools are available in internet but i dont know really it works or not.