Forex resources?

White Rabbit

Forum Newbie
Hi Guys

From what I can see, the forex community is infested with sharks trying to sell stuff so it's maybe the reason why I cant find a resource list anywhere on the forum as it will get in undated with people posting links to bots or their own dubious courses, or maybe I didnt look hard enough.

I was wondering what the more experienced members subscribe to or follow on social media (Facebook, Twitter etc). Forex related of course..... In particular a good news source (good as in excellent not happy news lol), podcasts or vodcast.

What are you guys following?

Thanks
Sandy

Mike-TT

Forum Newbie
Hi Sandy,

I don't really have or know of any steady flow of news related to forex that can actually be used to improve your trading. Reading some books and possibly watching some YouTube videos on technical analysis and naked chart trading is always helpful. Even Dale's own YouTube videos are quite informative.

White Rabbit

Forum Newbie
Ok, so 4.5 months into this trading thing and I've picked up a few good recourses apart from Dales most excellent course ;).
Please note that I am not affiliated with any of the below services I have just found them to be helpful.

Podcast.

An amazing podcast I found was www.chatwithtraders.com. There are about 130 episodes to download and listen to. It's basically interviews with successful traders, but the website offers a bit more. Every episode has its own page where the interviewer notes down the lessons he learned from the interview and also lists any books or software recommended by the interviewee.
One thing that has struck me with this series of podcasts is that all the traders have something in common. As you listen you start to notice a common theme throughout the series, they all place value in the same things like work ethic and discipline etc and it is outlined in just about every episode how important it is. Also as you listen along they recommend books to read and you find some books come up time and time again. So you can use the series as a book review as well lol.

Software.

Trading Journal.
www.edgewonk.com

Every trader should keep a journal of their trades. I came across this one, www.edgewonk.com. You can import all your trades from MT4, and with a bit of setup on the Edgewonk software, it will analyse your trades and give you stats such as your potential based on your entry and exit vs actual etc. How many winners/losers you've had. Win loss ratios, mistakes you've made and much more. I think this will be a very good tool to show how disciplined you are and help to get your accuracy up. It will definitely show you where your weaknesses lie.
It's highly customizable so you can tailor it to your style of trading and add your own sentiment categories, trade setups, and trade management strategies.

I'll keep adding to the list as I go.

Happy trading.
Sandy

Jennifer Taylor

Forum Newbie