Breakout vs Retracement trading

jamstock

Casual Member
Hi Dale/ guys. When we see a good setup and rejection candle at prime location there are 2 approaches to get into the trade. The first is to wait for a retracement and place stop above/ below the rejection candle. The second is to take the breakout of the rejection candle and either place the stop above/ below the rejection candle or above/ below the breakout candle.

I’m wondering about using a strategy where I ONLY enter on the breakout of the rejection candle (after London/ US session), and put the stop above/ below the breakout candle (to have a tighter stop). I only have a couple of years experience in the markets, so wondering if this is a viable strategy/ if anyone else has tried it.

Would love to backtest but have no idea how!

gicmarkets

Forum Newbie
breakout strategy is very effective in forex during london or US session. When any support and resistance is broken, then market can move with great force.

Dirk Groenewald

Forum Newbie
Hi jamstock,

I use this setup to trade London breakout. I do see a retracement happen about every time after a big breakout. I do believe there is some pips to make.

upload_2017-9-20_15-50-4.png