4hr Trend Trading

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hi Guys I'm back in the forum again, you might remember the last post was with the high/low 1hr method, since then I've not been able to continue trading the 1hr timeframe with other comitments so I'm now only trading the 4hr charts. Using the same approach as taught by Dale on the daily charts, I've just moved down to the 4hr charts using the same 10 and 20ema's instead of the 40 and 100 ema's.

I will start posting trades and set-ups to show how I am trading this method, plus you will see all black candles on my charts,now I know some are not going to like this but for me it takes away an aspect in watching the candles with regards to colours. I look for a solid trend using the ema's and an engulfing of the previous candles body for an entry. I have attached some charts from past few weeks showing trades using this approach and some currently.

joffieNZDJPYH4.png GBPJPYH4.png EURJPYH4.png USDJPYH4.png EURGBPH4.png EURAUDH4.png EURCADH4.png GBPNZDH4.png

Ian_H

Forum Newbie
Hi Joffie, I am quite new to this site although not to trading. I have been watching your posts with interest as I have been building a trading plan around the same thing. I use different entry techniques, however, as I have spent a great deal of time studying supply / demand trading with RTM, so tend to use lower TF engulfs as entry triggers. Basically I trade 4H price patterns in the weekly 10/20, 1H price patterns from the Daily 10/20 and 30min or 15 min price patterns from the 4H 10/20.Looks like you are seeing great results using engulfing bars. Fantastic stuff, well done.

boseman

Forum Newbie
Joffie,

Regarding using same color candles, I have seen this before in a Youtube video. Do you know where to find more information on trading like this?

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Joffie,

Regarding using same color candles, I have seen this before in a Youtube video. Do you know where to find more information on trading like this?
Hey, no sorry don't know where to find more into regarding same colour candles

Joffie

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
First trade for the week, sell trade on the eurchf 4hr. As per usual entry was with the trend coming off the mean and an engulfing.

Joffie image.pngimage.png

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Today's trades still both open. A sell on the eurchf first chart and and sell on the gbpcad on the second chart image.pngimage.jpeg

tahir123

Forum Newbie
Hey Joffie how u doing my friend hope all is well I am having a great interest in your posts trading the 4hr and would like some more help from you as I think the 4hr is suitable for me do u just trade engulfing bars or other setups such as inside bars break out trap etc with the trend also do I have Skype maybe we can chat over this Thankyou