Box trading method

Who thinks creating a new thread just for trade set-ups is a good idea for this method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
One to keep an eye on guys, I will go over in detail how I find my levels as well, I may get some free time later in the week. Chfjpy see on the daily chart we are currently breaking a support and there is plenty of room to fall! On the 4hr we have had a break out candle now I will be waiting for a retest from below to sell down to that daily support level. Either with say a restest with the box method entry or divergence or more likely here hidden divergence

Attachments

• IMG_5327.PNG
    IMG_5327.PNG
    74.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5326.PNG
    IMG_5326.PNG
    81.7 KB · Views: 43

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
I've decided to keep the divergence trading separate to the box method. This is so not to confuse traders of what each strategy is and how it's trades. But I will still use the box entries where I can on divergence 4hr charts. I still believe trading the box method is best so on the 8hr charts as gives much clearer signals

millersr10

Casual Member
Hello Joffie,
what is your money menagment in box method, do you
open two positions, 1st, you take on 1>1 and 2th on 3:1, after first target hit you set breakeven on 2th trade.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hello Joffie,
what is your money menagment in box method, do you
open two positions, 1st, you take on 1>1 and 2th on 3:1, after first target hit you set breakeven on 2th trade.

With the trend trades I will move to break even at 1-1 and target 3-1 but when counter trend trade then I may use two trades one 1-1 target and second 3-1 target but same % risk on either with or against the trend

Moshento

Forum Newbie
Hello Joffie,
So do I understand that you have an updated box method with Divergence?? where can i download?
I still have questions on the box method. When you have a box and tend is down for example, how do you determine the entry level after a box is formed? How does the box method show you if it is a continuation of trend or reversal?

millersr10

Casual Member
Hello Joffie,
how you set box indicator, I have inside box indicator and I set to be white box like , but that line of box be over wicks of candles, so this not be so easy to see. In your video's I saw that your wicks of candles are easy to note

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hello Joffie,
how you set box indicator, I have inside box indicator and I set to be white box like , but that line of box be over wicks of candles, so this not be so easy to see. In your video's I saw that your wicks of candles are easy to note

You just need to set chart to background in settings this will then put the box and any other indicators like moving averages to the background behind price. But if you're using Dales battle station this won't let you do this as it automatically sets it so it has indicators to the foreground so the battlestation allerts show up on the candles

Antman71

Forum Newbie
Hi Joffie,
Thanks for posting all this. A quick question. I was looking at the 6 and 12 hour charts, would you use 46EMA and 20EMA respectively?

Thanks

millersr10

Casual Member
Hello Joffie,
do you open two positions on same currency in box method, for example I open today GBP/AUD and EUR/GBP because GBP look strong today. I didn't have any position's before these two's.

joffie

TFG Forum Junkie
Hello Joffie,
do you open two positions on same currency in box method, for example I open today GBP/AUD and EUR/GBP because GBP look strong today. I didn't have any position's before these two's.

That's perfectly fine as long as you know your risk, so you have to decide what you are willing to lose on any given amount of your account. If you want all risk trades to be a open max risk of 4% then yes it's fine to open two of the same currency with 2% each trade. But if you want to minimise account exposure then you can just risk 1% per same currency leaving you another 2% to take another pair.

Maple9

Forum Newbie
Saw this thread and thought I'd give it a go.
After some false starts managed to get 1 all the way to 3:1, Thanks Joffie!!

AUS/USD

upload_2017-11-4_1-43-22.png

Also SHORT on EUR/USD
upload_2017-11-4_1-49-11.png

and LONG on GBP/NZD

upload_2017-11-4_1-47-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-4_1-46-52.png
    upload_2017-11-4_1-46-52.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Maple9

Forum Newbie
Update moved S/L of EUR/USD and GBP/NZD to Break Even.

Opened new positions on (SHORT) CAD/CHF
upload_2017-11-7_1-16-58.png

and (SHORT) AUD/NZD

upload_2017-11-7_1-18-18.png